ARRIVAL TIME LIMIT

Maryke Nicholas

Hi there all,

My name is Maryke. My family and I are also in the process. We applied for a 136 visa on 2007-03-31 and are currently waiting for a CO. We are planning to move to Melbourne once our visa is granted. My question is : Once your visa is granted, how much time do you have to move to OZ ? Is there is specific time limit, like eg. three months, six months to leave SA and move to OZ ?

Thanx :whome:

Hi Maryke Nicholas

Welkom by die forum. Sterkte met die wag. Dit is 'n lang proses.

Jou eerste entry date sal een jaar wees na medies gedoen is. Ons het medies gedoen 16 April en ons visa is goedgekeur 28 Augustus en ons first entry dat is 16 April 08. So ons het darem so 8 maande voor ons in Aus moet wees.

Hoop dit antwoord jou vraag.

Cheers vir eers

Sheila2Oz

Hi Maryke

Welcome, I see you are planning to settle in Melbourne. If there is any information I can assist you with, do not hesitate to PM or email me!

My question is : Once your visa is granted, how much time do you have to move to OZ ? Is there is specific time limit, like eg. three months, six months to leave SA and move to OZ ?
Jou eerste entry date sal een jaar wees na medies gedoen is. Ons het medies gedoen 16 April en ons visa is goedgekeur 28 Augustus en ons first entry dat is 16 April 08. So ons het darem so 8 maande voor ons in Aus moet wees.

Take note the 1 year time limit after your medical tests is only to VALIDATE your PR visa, by means of your physical presence in Australia. i.e. holiday or otherwise. But you have 5 years after your PR visa was granted, to SETTLE in Australia. Even if you haven't settled in Australia within that 5-year period, you can always renew your PR visa after 5 years. However why would anyone NOT want to move over here within 5 years?

Hi Springbok

About that renewal, I seem to remember that you can only renew it for the same length of time that you have actually been in Australia!

About that renewal, I seem to remember that you can only renew it for the same length of time that you have actually been in Australia!

Have a look at this link for more information on the Resident Return Visa.