Hi, Heita, Hola - Just joined

nowsthetime

Hi

We are currently risiding in Aucklnd , NZ, Whangaparaoa and have been here since 2003. We are well settled in and we are thinking and talking about moving to Aussie - either Brissie or Perth. My wife and I are teaching and we have an 11 yr old son and 13yr old daughter. It's awesome to read the many posts (the up and downs) and the words of encouragement. Life is great, isn't it? :ilikeit:

Change your mind, Change your life

Edited by nowsthetime

Hi

We are currently risiding in Aucklnd , NZ, Whangaparaoa and have been here since 2003. We are well settled in and we are thinking and talking about moving to Aussie - either Brissie or Perth. My wife and I are teaching and we have an 11 yr old son and 13yr old daughter. It's awesome to read the many posts (the up and downs) and the words of encouragement. Life is great, isn't it? :ilikeit:

Change your mind, Change your life

Hi there guys - Whangaparaoa is beautiful, but overcrowded. I know because we lived there too. Have you guys got your citizenship? NZers can still come to Oz but if you want to work here you hve to apply for a work visa the only difference being that you can apply for it from here and not leave the country to get it stamped into your passport. This is a change just instituted this month. I dont think it makes a huge difference though. We live in gladstone north of Brisbane. You would probably hve a greater chance of emplloyment if you were prepared to go to the smaller towns unless you have an in to private ed.

The weather here is just fantastic -hot and hot and hot. If you want more of a winter then you need to go to Perth otherwise choose Queensland.

Feel free to chat if you like

Pat

Hi Pat

Thanks for your response. Whangaparaoa is beautiful and since the widening of Wgp Rd, there is not too much congestion.

I'm sure the weather is great over there and all you guys are soaking up the sun. Well as you know we get heaps of rain and it is beginning to warm up. About emplyment; which smaller or rural towns would you recommend?

Thanks

Hi

Loved NZ when we were there a few weeks ago!!! We had lovely weather although 4 out of the 8 days were rainy.

Why do you want to leave NZ? Is it the weather? Was just wondering.

Nilo

Hi

Loved NZ when we were there a few weeks ago!!! We had lovely weather although 4 out of the 8 days were rainy.

Why do you want to leave NZ? Is it the weather? Was just wondering.

Nilo

Hi Nilo

I enjoy reading your posts and congrats on your PR. Yeah, It's beginning to warm up now with more rain to come. I think one of the main reasons to leave NZ is the weather. My wife doesn't like it and says it just makes things miserable. The people don't smile that often and so on. We have settled in well and have some great friends, Kiwi and S.A. Also another reason if we live in Perth, it is closer to home and less expensive for family to visit us. Other than that we love it here. The kids are settled and have good friends.

We were talking the other day and i reckon why should we leave when we are both happy in our jobs, teaching at good schools near the beach, the lifestyle is great and we don't have much worries. Life is Good and we are truly blessed to be here.

Cheers