Where to stay once arrived

Riaan

Hi there. We are a famiily of 4 (2 daughters aged 5 months and the other 5 years) We will be immigrating to Australia at the end of November. I would just like to find out what the best option for accomodation is for the first few weeks until we find a place to rent i.e B&B or Apart_Hotels etc. Is the rental market really so bad as they say in QLD? (I heard that there is a big shortage of rental property in QLD)?

Thanks a lot. :ilikeit:

Hi Riaan

Not to worry, you've done much more difficult things than find a rental in Brissie. It depends how close to the City you wan't to stay, the close the more difficult.

Let me know if you would like us to meet you at the airport and if you need any more help.

Lovies

Nilo

Dear Riaan,

We arrived in Brisbane 4 weeks ago and booked at Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments. You will see that a few of the people on the forum stay here, but I will definitely not recommend it :ilikeit: . Although it meets our needs, I personally think you can find something better. We went to Oaks North Quay Hotel last night to visit our friends who arrived yesterday ;) . If you can find a good rate with them, I would recommend it - it is very central and +/- 200m from Roma Station. Lovely views on the Brisbane River as well ;) !

Not to worry, you've done much more difficult things than find a rental in Brissie. It depends how close to the City you wan't to stay, the close the more difficult.

We wanted to rent very close to (or in) the city and we really struggled to find a decent place! After the third week here, we were able to secure a rental in Indooroopilly which is 6 kms from the city. Nilo is correct :D , I think if you are prepared to stay further out, you will find something easier, but please bring references from your neighbours, selling agent etc! It definitely helps!

Good luck and we look forward to welcoming you in Brisbane :D !

Bye, Pippa! X

Hi Nilo,

You guys are great. :whome:

Thanks a lot for the offer, we will let you know if we need a pickup from the airport a bit closer to the time.

God bless

Riaan

Hi Pippa,

Thanks a lot for the info. We'll be sure to follow it. Looking forward to meet you guys as well. ;)

Cheers

Riaan & Nicky

Guest fishermanswife

Hello there,

Yes we also stayed at Kangaroo Point. NIGHTMARE to say the least with kids. It is very noisy and right in the CBD. It depends on your needs though.

Good Luck & regards