Electricians in Australia - Brisbane

Rassie

Hi All.

Please note that this is not a job offer, but could be an opportunity. I am in Australia for two months now, and was lucky enough to walk into a job. I am an electrician from South Africa, and any electrician from South Africa will tell you that it is a lot of red tape to get qualified as an electrician in Queensland. Australia scream for good trade people, but they do not make it easy for South African electricians to start here. Might be a good thing. That way, you keep all the gemors out….

The guy I work for is an ex – South African and he is urgently looking for good qualified South African electricians. Like within the next two weeks. So if you are an Olifantsfontein qualified South African electrician, and in the Brisbane region ( even if you just landed and do not have a Queensland electrical license ) Please let me know. You can even PM me your CV and I will forward it to my boss. If you are qualified, even better. Unqualified people obviously get a lower salary. Don’t worry, he will not exploit you, but there will be a probation period. It is hard work. You build electrical control panels for industry. After completion of the panels, we do the installation as well. Building cable racks and pulling in cable etc. This might mean that you will spend some time away from home.

The company is growing at a good rate, and he had to show some jobs away because he just does not have enough qualified people. He prefers to work with SA electrician, because they get the job done, have good work ethics and is not lazy. Now that is generalising and I will probably get crucified for a statement like this. The bulk of the electricians working with us are South African, and they are not the best, but they do stand out from the rest.

It is a one-owner business, so sponsorship and financial assistance is out of the question. This is not the best job in Australia, but you will have your foot in the door and a few people around you that know what to do and where to go to get qualified as a Queensland electrician. It is a long process that can take 8 to 12 months.

Regards.

Rassie.

Hi Rassie,

Good to see you are doing so well in Australia. I remember just a short while ago when you were concerned about getting a job here never mind the huge issues with getting a licence. See I told you things would be different once you land here, companies attitudes change drastically once you are here and getting work as an electrician is very possible. Good to see you are paying it forward.

Just for curiosity's sake how long did it take you to get a job in the electrical field?

Colton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Colton.

I had this guy's number, almost a year before I had my visa, and when it came close to the time to leave for Australia, I gave him a call. He said he wanted to see me as soon as I arrive. I had to ask for a week off, just to buy a car and to get settled in. So, yes, I basically walked straight into a job. Very lucky hey?

I am a strong believer in " Paying it forward. " Immigration is a BIG step, especially at 40, and it is amazing how the Lord made things fall in place for us.

I think I am still in the honeymoon phase. Australia is a great place to live.

Regards.

Rassie.

Hi Rassie,

Good to see you are doing so well in Australia. I remember just a short while ago when you were concerned about getting a job here never mind the huge issues with getting a licence. See I told you things would be different once you land here, companies attitudes change drastically once you are here and getting work as an electrician is very possible. Good to see you are paying it forward.

Just for curiosity's sake how long did it take you to get a job in the electrical field?

Colton

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi All.

Please note that this is not a job offer, but could be an opportunity. I am in Australia for two months now, and was lucky enough to walk into a job. I am an electrician from South Africa, and any electrician from South Africa will tell you that it is a lot of red tape to get qualified as an electrician in Queensland. Australia scream for good trade people, but they do not make it easy for South African electricians to start here. Might be a good thing. That way, you keep all the gemors out….

The guy I work for is an ex – South African and he is urgently looking for good qualified South African electricians. Like within the next two weeks. So if you are an Olifantsfontein qualified South African electrician, and in the Brisbane region ( even if you just landed and do not have a Queensland electrical license ) Please let me know. You can even PM me your CV and I will forward it to my boss. If you are qualified, even better. Unqualified people obviously get a lower salary. Don’t worry, he will not exploit you, but there will be a probation period. It is hard work. You build electrical control panels for industry. After completion of the panels, we do the installation as well. Building cable racks and pulling in cable etc. This might mean that you will spend some time away from home.

The company is growing at a good rate, and he had to show some jobs away because he just does not have enough qualified people. He prefers to work with SA electrician, because they get the job done, have good work ethics and is not lazy. Now that is generalising and I will probably get crucified for a statement like this. The bulk of the electricians working with us are South African, and they are not the best, but they do stand out from the rest.

It is a one-owner business, so sponsorship and financial assistance is out of the question. This is not the best job in Australia, but you will have your foot in the door and a few people around you that know what to do and where to go to get qualified as a Queensland electrician. It is a long process that can take 8 to 12 months.

Regards.

Rassie.

I am in Brisbane and have Electrical work permit and looking for work - any help would be greatful

David Fenn 0439118228

I am in Brisbane and have Electrical work permit and looking for work - any help would be greatful

David Fenn 0439118228

David you do realise this post dates back to 2007? Rassie last visited this site in November 2007.