Vodafone broadband in Brisbane

Hettie

Hi there

Can anyone tell me whether our Vodacom 3G modem will work in Aus.

The modem is an external modem via USB and uses a Vodacom sim at the moment. The make is Huawei E220 and the name on the front is Vodafone. I know that Vadafone exists in Aus, but not sure if we can use the modem there.

Do we have "pay as you go" simcards from the service providers in Aus and can they be used for data as well as talktime.

Any advice or comment is appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Hi Hettie,

We also brought our Data Card from Vodafone with us, but Vodafone told us that we have to take out a contract and that we cannot buy data bundles on an adhoc basis :ilikeit: .

After shopping around, we came to realize that 3's contract packages are much cheaper; we signed up for a 12-month contract and pay $29 per month for 1GB download and pay an additional $10 for the new modem (they said that the Vodafone modem would not work).

Good luck!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Oh Noooooooooooooooooo

So that's it, I will be getting rid of my 3g data card before I leave on 29 September.

Yikes, that's not so lekker hehehe.

One other thing, I checked out that my new Sony Ericsson W850i was actually vodafone network locked to vodafone here in South Africa.

And would not have worked even on the vodafone network in Aus...

Oh ja, and they still charged me R200 and something to do the unlocking...

I was not a very impressed boytjie I tell you what!!!

Please people, I know that network locking was meant to be out-lawed a few years back but certain phones are still being locked.

So check your mobile out and get it unlocked if needed before going.

Mine had to have the software reinstalled and have some unblocking code entered.

Cheers for now