Univ entry requirements

New frontiers

Hi everybody

I have followed the recent arguments on Schooling issues on this site, but would like to know if anyone can help me out on the following:

I am planning to move to NZ or Aus in '07 (from Pta). MY son (16) is doing IGCSE and AS levels (Cambridge) and would still need to do two(or more depending) subjects by the time we relocate. One option is to to let him finish his AS (distance ed), the other to let him enroll for the last year in Aus/NZ to get his 'local' senior certificate (for 'integration' purposes) :hug: . Anybody have experience/advice in this regard? All the university websites mentions that they 'recognises' Cambridge, but do not expand on this.

Thanks

new frontiers

Our youngest son went from matric in SA to university in NZ. I definitely think that if your son did his last year in NZ he would be judged on an equal footing to everybody else applying for university. My son wanted to do a double degree, however, the university decided that the marks he attained were not good enough. I may add that his marks were such that he was accepted into a double degree at Wits in a restricted course of only 30 kids. Six months after he started uni in NZ they did offer to allow him to do his double degree. I hope this helps.