Daycare and renting

Die Krugers

Hallo!

Does anyone know what daycare costs in Adelaide? My little one is a year old now, and will probably be around 2 years old when we come over, and we are applying for a 175 visa (old 136).

Also, we only want to come with our clothes (essentially). What is the approximate cost per week for renting an average three bedroom house (3 bedr, 2 bathroom, around 150 m2, close to publ transp) which is fully furnished, meaning pots and pans and everything included?

Thanks and have a lovely day! :whome:

Tania

Hallo!

Does anyone know what daycare costs in Adelaide? My little one is a year old now, and will probably be around 2 years old when we come over, and we are applying for a 175 visa (old 136).

Also, we only want to come with our clothes (essentially). What is the approximate cost per week for renting an average three bedroom house (3 bedr, 2 bathroom, around 150 m2, close to publ transp) which is fully furnished, meaning pots and pans and everything included?

Thanks and have a lovely day! :whome:

Tania

Hallo!

Thanks and have a lovely day! :lol:

Tania

Hi there,

Its approx AUD 1000 per month for a FULL daycare. Its very costly.

check out www.ourbrisbane.com - it will tell you alot about childcare in AUS as there are other

cheaper options.

I am trying to save here so that we can have as much cash as we can over there.

We still have another 18 months or so to go as the PR takes quite a while Just cut down as much as you can here. My hubbie is currently checking out Perth and Brisbane. He said its great but food and eating

out is very expensive.

Will send a message on the forum once he gets back.

They ate dinner in the middle of town and all the people were walking around at 9:30 at night and

the city was buzzing !!

Hi there,

Just another quick message.

I know there is large debate on whether or not to take your container with. But it seems that if your household is still pretty new then it may be a good idea to take it with. We are taking ours as we have been married 6 years so our stuff is still ok. Remember when you convert rands to Dollars its a huge loss.

Hubbie converted ZAR 7000 to AUD and it did not look much !!

Good luck !!

Hi

Thanks so much! Because all our stuff are basically new, I think that it makes sense to take them with. If we had to sell all your stuff, and buy new ones, I think we will loose, because that money will probably not even come close when converted, to buy the same stuff over there - and also the 'shlep' to start over again and look for the stuff you like, where you already have it...

We are also thinking of myself not working, and rather raising our children by myself, if we can get hubby a job that pays enough, I can stay at home and save the daycare and our children will be better off being raised by us, rather than strangers.

You guys are great.

Have a nice day

Tania

Hi

Thanks so much! Because all our stuff are basically new, I think that it makes sense to take them with. If we had to sell all your stuff, and buy new ones, I think we will loose, because that money will probably not even come close when converted, to buy the same stuff over there - and also the 'shlep' to start over again and look for the stuff you like, where you already have it...

We are also thinking of myself not working, and rather raising our children by myself, if we can get hubby a job that pays enough, I can stay at home and save the daycare and our children will be better off being raised by us, rather than strangers.

You guys are great.

Have a nice day

Tania

Hi Tania1000

My brother is in Gladstone (just north of Brisbane) and he says that electronic stuff is cheaper there but other furniture - good quality wood etc - is very expensive. They are ordering stuff online in SA and we are taking it across for them in our container!!!! Hope that helps. Oh yes he also said kids clothes are very expensive. We've bought a whole lot of stuff and posted it to them - that was cheaper than buying there. They have a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old.

Keep well

Tania,

I suggest that you Google rental agents for furnished apartment here in Adelaide,

When we rocked up her in the e90’s we rented a 2 bedroom furnished apartment in Glen Osmond for $150 per week.

I imagine the same will be about $220 per week nowadays estimated conservatively.

Dax