Kids are coming home

Guest juno1

After 7 months in quarantine (6 months at Kookaburra, 1 month at Byford) our two Siberian Huskies will be home on Monday :D We have not seen our loveable fur balls since February (just before we left RSA) so there will be great excitement on Monday afternoon when the plane from Perth with our two on board lands at our local airport. For those of you who don't know, we are living a few hundred kms south of Perth. Jet Pets are collecting the dogs from Byford and taking them to Perth domestic.

It has been said by others who have gone through the quarantine process that the time goes quick. Believe me, it does. You are so busy getting yourself settled into a new home, job, and everything else that goes with moving to a new country, the months race by and before you know it, you are adding dog food to your shopping list and trying to remember where you put the food bowls, collars and leads :P

Looking forward to having a normal house again with hair everywhere and excitable Husky singing when it's time for their early morning long walk. Can't wait to show them the beach :D:ilikeit:

Oh boy, what a reunion this is going to be! Don't you love it when a plan comes together....I am sure if they knew what was happening on Monday they would be so excited they would not be able to sit still!

Good luck!

:whome: Ag man dis great en is skoon opgewonde vir jul part.Ek moet se die tyd vlieg so vinnig en toe ons weer kyk was my 3 kinders by ons gewees.Ons het soos kinders te kere gegaan om hul weer by ons te he.As ek net aan daai oomblik dink toe ons mekaar weer sien huil ek sommer weer van vooraf :lol: Ek is seker jul sal dit ook weer oor doen as jul kon ne en is deur en deur die moeite werd jul sal sien wat ek bedoel as hul by die huis is en jul familie is weer n eenheid.Die vorige aand kon ons nie eers slaap nie so erg was dit om hul net weer te sien.Ag geniet elke oomblik saam met hulle en bederf hul tot in die afgrond.Hul verdien dit :blink:

Groete Ursula en Albert.

Edited by Allie&Urs

Hallo juno1,

Jy weet, ek het altyd gewonder oor daai honde. Die siberian Huskies, is hulle nie geteel spesiaal vir kouer weer nie? En as dit so is, hoe gaan hulle die hitte van Australie hanteer?

Ek is bloot net nuuskierig.....dis die pragtigste honde!

Groete,

Kd.

YIPPEE!!!!! :whome:

I am sure your reunion will be fantastic! They will settle down quickly and be back to their old tricks within a few days.

Happy walkies

Gaille

I sincerely hope the kids forgive you quickly so they can get back to their old selves and enjoy their new environment, enjoy.

Hello Kd,

Sorry, my Afrikaans is nie lekker nie. I think you are asking how Siberian Huskies cope with the heat? Very well, as long as you NEVER, EVER shave their coat. Their double thick coat acts as insulation from the cold and keeps the heat out when it gets too hot. Our dogs are allowed indoors and if it gets too hot, they are very sensible and lie down on the tile floor. In the summer, they are exercised very early, before 8 a.m. The Joburg climate did not bother them at all. Where we are living now is cooler than Joburg so they will be happy. They should be losing their winter coat now (they shed twice a year) so I am expecting lots and lots and lots of hair EVERYWHERE! I'll have to warn everyone not to come to the house if they are wearing dark coloured clothing :whome:

I sincerely hope the kids forgive you quickly so they can get back to their old selves and enjoy their new environment, enjoy.

Hi DesV, I am sure all will be forgiven. In fact I have a bone to pick with our two. Not once did they phone, SMS or email. By all accounts, they stole the hearts of everyone looking after them so obviously far too busy making lots of new friends to worry about us. :lol: I am not sure I want them back to their old selves. We kept being told how well behaved they were in kennels. I am hoping this miraculous transformation continues :whome:

Hello Ursula and Albert,

I am sure there will be tears when I see the plane landing. I have already been telling people I do not want to leave the house for the next couple of weeks. Not until the dogs are settled. I will walk them every morning, then enjoy their company for the rest of the day. So looking forward to it.

Ons het die selfde gevoel.Ek huil vir jou part soos ek hier sit van blydskap.Een van my hondjies sit hier op my skoot en kan nie verstaan hoekom ek nou hartseer is nie.Loopy kyk vir my en lek my die heeltyd.Sterkte en ek weet hoe jul voel en wat jul sal deurgaan op daai paar minute van trane en opgewondenheid..Jou honde op die kant foto is te pragtig .Sal foto's van hul wil sien as hul eers by die huis is. Hul lyk so sag :blush:

Sal aan jul dink.

Groete Ursula en Albert.

Edited by Allie&Urs

I am so excited for you. Tears are running down my cheeks. PLEASE send me photos and tell me how they reacted to their new home, the beach everything.

On the 20th of September mine will be halfway through quarantine... :blush: Everyone promised me I will miss them less with time but it is not true! I miss them more and more every day!!! Maybe next week when I'm in oz I will be to busy to miss them. Can I ask...? How did you find accommodation willing to take your 2 in? I am so worried that I won’t find a landlord willing to let my 2 sleep indoors... All the internet real estate adverts I see say “no pets allowed” or “outside pets considered”....

Enjoy Monday and give them lots of kisses

Hi jong

Julle kan seker nie meer wag nie. My ou "madam" is nou maar net 'n week by Keringa, en ek moet sê dit voel letterlik asof 'n deel van my weggeskeur is. Laat weet asb. hoe die re-unie was, het hulle julle nog erken? Het hulle gewig verloor! Vertel, asb..... My ou Misty is wat hulle sou noem "horizontilly challenged" 'n Goeie kandidaat vir Weigh-less.

Dink aan julle...

Chikita

Can I ask...? How did you find accommodation willing to take your 2 in? I am so worried that I won’t find a landlord willing to let my 2 sleep indoors... All the internet real estate adverts I see say “no pets allowed” or “outside pets considered”....

Anyone reading this who has been in a similar position to Henriette, can you please advise. Many thanks.

Toe ons aansoek gedoen het was dit amper n hele ler van ons persoonlike lewe en insluitend ons kinder woefs.Het foto's bygesit waar hul op hul beste pouse en gese hoe hul is en in die huis slaap in mandjies ens.Uit al die aansoeke het hy ons gekies om in sy huis te bly.As die agente kom sorg ons net dat als so mooi is tot die honde dat dit nie eers lyk of daar diere is nie.Hul is altyd inpress.Hoop jul kom reg.Sterkte en dink aan julle dat die regte plek vir jul sal bedoel wees en wag.

Ursula.

Toe ons aansoek gedoen het was dit amper n hele ler van ons persoonlike lewe en insluitend ons kinder woefs.Het foto's bygesit waar hul op hul beste pouse en gese hoe hul is en in die huis slaap in mandjies ens.Uit al die aansoeke het hy ons gekies om in sy huis te bly.As die agente kom sorg ons net dat als so mooi is tot die honde dat dit nie eers lyk of daar diere is nie.Hul is altyd inpress.Hoop jul kom reg.Sterkte en dink aan julle dat die regte plek vir jul sal bedoel wees en wag.

Ursula.

Bring good references from your friends saying how well behaved the dogs are - impress their ages and that they are not puppies and are house trained and you should not have a problem - they are more interested in tenants that have good references and will look after the house than worry too much about older pets..

We had no problems getting a rental with our two monsters, we didn't need anything except a reference from the estate agent who sold our house in SA. As long as you are honest and have at least one reference you should be fine.

Happy dog reunions to everyone

Hi

Sorry to ask, but what did this letter from your Estate Agent entail?

Chikita

Can someone please answer Chikita's query. Thank you.

The kids are home :whome::ilikeit::ilikeit:

They are very healthy and happy. They are both VERY FAT. But that is good as it means they have been eating well. The weight will come off quickly as I shall be walking them every morning. This morning we walked for two hours along the beach. They are worn out and fast asleep for the rest of the day. The female in her favourite spot which is on the floor underneath our bed. I thought she would be too fat to crawl in and out but she still manages :ilikeit:

They were soon back into their usual routine, telling me this morning it was time for their walk. I don't think they expected to be out such a long time. However, it was such a beautiful morning and we enjoyed having a paddle in the sea.

Lovely to have them home, and nice to wake up this morning with a bushy Husky tail in my face :ilikeit::ilikeit: Must point out, they do not sleep on the bed all the time. That was a first night home treat!

We didn't get a written reference from our agent we asked him if they could contact him via e-mail if they needed to.... and they did contact him and he sang our praises (what a lovely man)!

The best thing to do is to befriend a property manager, ie get them on your side, because at the end of the day they will advise the owners, so if they think you're good guys they will encourage the owners to take you on.

So glad to hear your babies are settling in. Ours were back to their normal tricks almost immediately. Our Jack Russell put on quite a bit of weight but she has lost it all and has her muscular little body back.... It is like they never were away!

Happy walkies :whome:

Gaille

I'm glad the kids are home and settling in nicely. I think it makes all the difference having them with you.

Hope you enjoy your walks in the morning!

Michele

Ag dis great. Hoop dit was n lekker reunion gewees.Jul is seker uit jul velle gewees ne?So opgewonde vir julle part.Ai ek hoop jul geniet elke oomblik saam met hulle en dat jul reg kom met die huis storie.Asb kan jul n foto opsit van hulle.Sal so nice wees om deel van jul familie te ontmoet en te sien[woefs]

Groete Ursula.

Ja kan jy dalk n foto plaas van jou honde.Wil ook graag sien asb.Ursula ons honde is oor 2 weke hier in kwarentyn en ons kan nie wag om hul weer te sien nie.

Groete Danielle.

Edited by Danie en Ritha

Hello everyone, photo is coming in next day or two.

Dogs are happy and well, although not eating properly yet. Nothing to worry about. They could both do with losing weight and I know once they are more settled, they will be back to eating daily.

Vet visit yesterday. General check up, heartworm vaccination, deworming and antibiotic cream for slight wounds picked up in quarantine (squabbling with each other :blink: ) Total bill for 2 dogs came to AUS $306.00

Sorry :) Total bill was Aus $301.00 and I forgot to mention it also included 2 months supply of Advantage.

Glad to hear the kids are safe and sound!!! :)

I wish we could take our "extra" children ova (4 dogs and a cat) but thats a whole lot of emotion we gonna have to deal with when the time comes!! :)

:blink: Col

Ok ons sal vir die foto's uitkyk.

Ursula.x