Our NZ "fetch your visa" holiday

Nilo

Hi to all my Forum family

As you might know we had a "forced" holiday to New Zeeland last week to collect our long awaited PR Visa's. I only say forced as it was what was expected by immi and not because we didn't want to have a bit of a break. ;)

We received an email from our CO informing us that a decision on our application was about to be made and that we need to let her know of our travel arrangements with in one month, and a week in advace of our travel dates. So we researched flights and campervan hire and finalized it within a day and emailed the details to her.

We were a bit worried about not having enough warm clothes so did a bit of shopping and we were on our way.

On our arrival in Aucland we had to wait for 4 hours until 8 in the morning to collect the campervan which was a bit of a pain seeing as none of us had slep as we departed Brisbane at 10 at night and arrived at Auckland 4 in the morning! :ilikeit:

After collecting the van we were on our way, North of Aucland to see the sights. What a beautifull country. Everything is GREEN and seeing as it was lambing time we saw lots of little cuddly lambs with white wool as with all the rain in NZ their jerseys get washed often! :D

I telephoned the Aus immi office in Aucland on tuesday morning and a very friendly lady asked for my hubby's passport number and in no time came back with "your visas were granted yesterday, congratulations!" needless to say I nearly screamed her ear off I was so glad. She advised us to come into the office that afternoon, so off we went at a speed!!!! We arrived in Aucland at just after 2 that afternoon, took a number, waited our turn, handed over our passports, got the visas stuck in and that was that. A total of 20 minutes!!!!

We decided to travel to the Southern part of North Island to do some skiing, so off we went.

As I mentioned before, what a lovely lush countryside and what an interesting array of thing to see!! From Geothermic pools to waterfalls.

We arrived at the Wakapapa a little village and proceeded up a pass to a very very icy ski area. We decided as it was already the middle of the day that we would price ski lessons and rental options for the next day. We also rented two sleds for the afternoon and was wet and exhausted, not to mention cold after an hour or two's frolicing in the snow!!!

The next day was SKI day!! My hubby myself and or daughter decided on ski's for the day and our son and son in-law decided on snow-boards. They were off and having a jol while we were having a 2 hour ski lesson, with very heavy skiboots!!! Anyway all worth it though as we "sort of" knew how to help ourselves on the very very slippery sloaps!! Have to say that it was GREAT fun!!! :ilikeit: But we were all tired and sore after!!!

We returned to Aucland the Saturday and departed for Brissie the Sunday morning, PR visa's in hand!!!! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Well that was our trip, I would have liked to add some photo's (we took stacks) but don't know how to, will get hubby to help this afternoon.

Lovies

Nilo

Hi Nilo

Congrats on the Visas.

The trip sounds very nice. What a way to have a "forced" holiday :-)

Thanks for the info

Regards

Johan

Hallo Nilo,

Dit klink lekker, so 'n sneeu eskapade, ek sal berg afrol, kan nie eers op 'n drie trap leertjie balance nie, laat staan nog skis!

Veels, veels geluk met die PR. Kan nie wag vir die fotos nie.

Dit moes seker 'n duur affere gewees het?

Groete,

Kannidood.

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Hi

Dit was seker die lekkerste geforsde vakansie wat julle gehad het?

Klink of julle n jol gehad het. Baie geluk met die PR.

Groete Wendy

Hi Kanniedood,

Was toe heelwat goedkoper as wat ons eers gedink het dit sou wees. Seker omdat daar 5 van ons was. Dit het so A$1000 per persoon uitgewerk, alles ingesluit, vlieg,campervan, staanplek, kos, ski, Zorb (so plastic bal waarin mens klim dan rol hulle jou van die bult af!!!) ek het dit NIE gedoen nie, petrol ens. Ons het darem net 3/5 betaal die ander twee het hulle eie kostes gedek.

Lovies

Nilo

Baie geluk met die visa jong! :ilikeit:

Klink of julle 'n vreeslik lekker holiday gehad het.

Net gou 'n vragie oor die trip wat julle moes maak. DIAC het altyd gesê mens het 5 werksdae of iets nodig in NZ voor jy jou visa kan kry. kon nie glo toe jy sê jy kry dit dieselfde dag nie. Dis great man! So dit beteken dan dat ons nie hoef 2 weke uit die land te wees soos wat hulle voorskryf nie. Ek het amper nie meer verlof nie, so dis 'n goeie ding dan.

Nog 'n ding. Kan jy my dalk net 'n tydlyn gee van die datum wat hulle jou die pre-grant letter gemail het, datum wat jy hulle laat weet het van trip en dan wanneer julle gevlieg het. Wil net kyk hoe lank dit all in all vat. Ek hoop ons kan ons visa validate met ons trip SA toe, maar seker dit gaan nie so gebeur nie. My luck is nie so wonderlik nie. Dalk is ek vir eens lucky en kry ek die email terwyl ons daar is, hoop net dan dat ek nie ons vlugte en goeters moet verander omdat ek nog 'n paar dae moet wag vir die visa of iets nie. Who knows, sal maar geduldig sit en wag.

Groete daarso

Dedrei

Hi you all,

Thank you sooooo much for the well wishes! I have to admit that the forum has kept me sane thru the "WAITING" period. But now in retrospect it wasn't that long at all, surprise surprise!!!!

JJ, dis okay ek sal jou suster wees, jy's mos so bietjie ouer as ek en ek is nou moeg om die oudste te wees!

Hou moed almal die is 'n great learning curve in ons almal se lewens.

Lovies

Nilo

: :ilikeit:

Nilo,

Jong, baie geluk met jou visa. Ek is regtig so bly vir julle en boonop toe kry jy 'n vakansie by ook. Newzld is baie mooi, baie groen. Ek was self al daar gewees. Ek wil net baie geluk se. Ek het besluit om te gaan studeer volgende jaar. Ek is nou besig om na kurses en plekke te kyk op die internet. Ek is so opgewonde. Kan nie wag dat alles nou uitegesort is nie. Fiona, help my met alles.

Sal jou laat weet soos die nuus verloop. Al wat ek weet is dat ek nie meer langer hier in sa wil bly nie.

Baie geluk!!! Mag die toekoms in OZ net mooier en mooier word vir julle. Mag God julle as familie seen.

In die sentrum van die Christelike geloof, staan triomfantelik die lewende Christus!

" Kyk na my hande en my voete: dit is tog Ek self. Voel aan my en Kyk!" Lukas 24.39

Baie groete en geluk :ilikeit: :ilikeit

Nilo baie geluk met jul PR.Jul verdien dit regtig.Ek kyk op daai foto's van jul trip waar ek gevra het of dit jul kinders is of vriende.n Mens kan sien jul het jul gate uitgeniet en dit het jul seker goed gedoen veral as familie om net saam n weg breek kans te kry.Dit was seker deur en deur die moeite werd gewees en seker lekker ontspannend vir jul almal.

Groete Ursula.

We're in the process of obtaining PR via ENS after arriving in Aus on a 457. Do we really need to leave Australia to "activate" our PR visas?

You don't need to leave Australia when applying for an ENS visa.

We're in the process of obtaining PR via ENS after arriving in Aus on a 457. Do we really need to leave Australia to "activate" our PR visas?