kids not coming with us

karon and Tony

Hiya all

My husband has been offered a job in Canberra and we are now waiting for the 457 visa to come through. We have 3 children. The youngest is 10 and is looking forward to going. My eldest is soon 19 and although he can come with us (we had to state on the application that he would be totally dependent on us) he wants to know if he will be able to work or does he have to study? My middle child is soon 18 and has decided that she wants to go back to England(where we are originally from) to work as an Au pair before furthering her studies. Does anyone know if this will stop her chance of joining us at a later date. We are in PE and would like to know if there is anyone else from this part of the world, or anyone in or going to Canberra.

Good luck to everyone, this is a very traumatic time for us all.

Hi Kasd

Welcome to the forum, and good luck. Congrats on the job, and sorry to hear the your son isn't going with.

Enjoy everything.

Robert & Telanie

Hiya all

My husband has been offered a job in Canberra and we are now waiting for the 457 visa to come through. We have 3 children. The youngest is 10 and is looking forward to going. My eldest is soon 19 and although he can come with us (we had to state on the application that he would be totally dependent on us) he wants to know if he will be able to work or does he have to study? My middle child is soon 18 and has decided that she wants to go back to England(where we are originally from) to work as an Au pair before furthering her studies. Does anyone know if this will stop her chance of joining us at a later date. We are in PE and would like to know if there is anyone else from this part of the world, or anyone in or going to Canberra.

Good luck to everyone, this is a very traumatic time for us all.

Hi Karon

Glad to see a PE buddy :ilikeit:.We are going to Perth in Jan.

The process is nerve wracking but worth it,hang in there!!!

Cara

Hi Karon & Tony

I suggest you send a pm or email to either "Fiona" or "Ptlabs", they are both immigration consultants and would be able to give you factual answers to your questions and not just guesses! To do so, go to "Members", top right of this screen, type in their name, their card will come up and then you can click on either the PM (personal message) or email to contact them.

my understanding is that if your kids do not accompany you but take up employment elswhere then they have to apply independantly to get into Australia, might be better if they come with you and then do their thing go on extended holiday etc from here with a return visa in their passpots, definatly worth investigating I do have a friend whose daughter was 18 and she went to UK to Au pair then found she could not come to Australia, she has finally got in but that is thousands of dollars and lots of heartache and tears later.

I FULLY agree with DesV!!

Rather safe than sorry, even on a 457 your children will still be able to travel.