Good news from Australia !

Guest Seoul Sister

Guest Jules

Hi SS :blink:

Yeah, I have been following the story since the accident happened. There was live coverage of them being taken into the ambulances and driven to the hospital on tv as I switched on this morning and I cried tears of relief and happiness that their ordeal is finally over. It was amazing to see them waving at the crowds and laughing considering all that they have been through, they are truly resilient and an inspiration to us all not to give up hope no matter how bad things are looking.

Three cheers to the rescue team that made it all possible :ilikeit::whome::ilikeit:

Let's hope there is no damage health wise and they can return home to their families quicky.

Julie :D

Our family followed the story and would check the news every morning as soon as we wake up with great expectation only to be disappointed! I can not even begin to imagine what it must have been like for those 2 guys having to deal with being told one more day every day for so long! What really amazed me was the way in which the aussies were all anticipating their rescue as if it was their own sons or husbands or fathers trapped down there.

I loved that the guys actually clocked out when they left the mine! Now their ordeal is officially recorded on the mine's records and in history.

This whole story is so heart warming and inspirational!

(Isn't it so sad that Sophie is once again in intensive care after all she's been through in her short life?!)

I do not think there were to many dry eyes throughout Australia this morning when we woke up to the visuals of those two brave men reunited with their families.

David Koch of channel 7 was as choked up as we were.

Good on Brant and Todd, their fellow miners who tirelessly worked day and night to rescue them,the resourseful rescue teams who risked so much, and the whole town of Beaconsfield :ilikeit:

I was wondering why nobody on the forum mentioned this. It certainly made the news here with both the major networks with reporters on the spot.

As the talkshow host this morning said: It may be a foreign country and one of the lesser popular states but ....... - referring to the fact that is will be part of the talkback show main feature.

Good on all involved, even those who continuously prepared and provided food to the rescuers, and peace to the family of Larry Knight.

Now for the other disaster with 1 dead and 2 missing in S. Aus.