Townsville Grammar

terbo

Hi ALL

On Monday I thought time to be proactive and get my c.v. out to all those schools in areas we had identified as possible settling down points.....thinking just to put myself out there and hopefully update things in a while. I basically just asked that people consider me for future positions.

Well it is a small world....I get a reply grom a guy who taught me at the same school I am teaching at now!!! :blush: He asked if all the regulars were still around and remembered me.

Next thing the head mails me and says he wants some documentation and once he has that he wants to conduct a telephonic interview.....for a position in Jan 2008 :)

In a matter of 2 days my life has been turned upside down.

Now I know that it is private school but does anyone know anything about it?

I have been onto the website but thought maybe someone had first hand experience of the school

[

Hi Terbo

Dont know Townsville Grammar but if it is a Grammar School it is an elite private school.

Townsville has a huge military base so the well behaved children of the military officers will probably go to this school.(we hope)

TAKE IT! You can always move, but you will probably love it. Check out Magnetic Island ....

Congratulations! I have seen the Townsville Grammar busses around at the rowing club but don't know anything about the school as such (We don't have kids yet so we don't pay any attention to schools). What I can tell you though, is that you won't regret comming to Townsville. It really is awesome here. We have been here 10 months and are loving it.

All the best.

Alan

Edited by alanb

Hi Terbo,

Great news!

I also nearly had a position there about a year ago - I know one of the senior teachers there; ex-Saffer.

It is a fantastic school - one of the top 10 in QLD if I remember correctly.

The HM seems to be a very nice guy too.

If it gets offered to you, I would suggest grab it with both hands.

Tracy

Hi ALL

On Monday I thought time to be proactive and get my c.v. out to all those schools in areas we had identified as possible settling down points.....thinking just to put myself out there and hopefully update things in a while. I basically just asked that people consider me for future positions.

Well it is a small world....I get a reply grom a guy who taught me at the same school I am teaching at now!!! :ilikeit: He asked if all the regulars were still around and remembered me.

Next thing the head mails me and says he wants some documentation and once he has that he wants to conduct a telephonic interview.....for a position in Jan 2008 :ilikeit:

In a matter of 2 days my life has been turned upside down.

Now I know that it is private school but does anyone know anything about it?

I have been onto the website but thought maybe someone had first hand experience of the school

Well done :ilikeit: Dave, smackbang in the middle of the great barrier reef. Fisherman's paradise, just what you wanted.

Mrs Camper wants know if you are going there to teach them about tea-bags.

Cheers

Camper

Edited by Camper

Hi all,

Good to hear it is a good school, so hard to compare schools here to there.

Camper, I am sure the Aussie kids will teach me a new thing or two about brewing beverages!!!

Dave