We are here!

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

Just want to let you know that we have been here in Brisbane for a week now :ilikeit: ! It was quite a hectic week, but we survived. Came to realize how important proof of identity is… :ph34r: and I am planning on doing my driver’s license soon.

So far, we managed to activate our ANZ bank accounts, took delivery of our car, bought car insurance for a year, visited the internet café on Queens Mall about a 1000 times before we signed up for wireless broadband, had about 3 shopping trips to the closest Woolworths, had a lovely dinner with 2 South African couples :o and bought a GPS – a lifesaver :holy:!!!

My husband started working yesterday and he says it is very organized at the firm! Very intimidating, but challenging and interesting… :ilikeit:

I am driving around in Brisbane to get a feel for a place and to decide which areas we should look at renting. The traffic is TERRIBLE in Brisbane and takes forever from A to B. We will probably opt for an apartment close to the city as hubby works in the CBD – close to Roma Station.

I haven’t started looking at work, but will start looking next week or as soon as we have a rental in place – hold thumbs!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Amazing! Jy post in settling in ! Baie welkom hier in ons hoekie van die aarde.

Julle het vir ons reen gebring !

Julle is ook net betyds vir die Brisbane River Festival . Wees gereed vir Riverfire Saterdagaand die 1ste September. Ons kry n ferry hier van die Gold Coast die middag en sal tussen Captain Cook Bridge en Storey Bridge anker om alles te sien.

Ek is be-indruk met jou en die kar. Ek is nou nog vrek bang om in Brisbane te bestuur.

Nogmaals welkom!!!!!

Guest fishermanswife

Hello and welcome!

If you get time pop in to my place tommorrow for tea, We are south east of the city. Yes the traffic is a nightmare and it is so noisy there aswell.

Enjoy & regards

FMW

Hallo daar

WELKOM finally in Aus! :)

Ja daai proof of ID kan 'n regte pein in die nek wees party dae.

Luister sterkte met die rentals, ek gaan seker vanaand jou 'n tinkle gee en hoor hoe dit gaan en of julle darem nou al oor die jetlag is. :(

Groete daarso

Dedrei

:unsure:

Welkom Pippa en bly jul is veilig hier aangekom :whome: Ja nou begin jul nuwe lewe.Maak die beste van dit.Sterkte met die aanpassing :blink: .

Groete Ursula.