Hello Everyone

rustyrover

Hi Guys

I'm Russ, born in Durban in '72. Lived at Brighton Beach on the Bluff. Moved to UK in '84. Still very much Springbok rugby mad! :( Went to Brighton Beach Senior Primary school between 81-84, and the convent of our lady school before then. Lived in Leamington Spa until 95. Been living in Cornwall ever since.

Me and my family are emigrating over on 5th September. Me 35, Wend 34, Taryn 5 and Tammy 2. Would be great to talk to people who are already there and going there. Think we're making the right choice by emigrating out of the UK, for a better future for us and the kids. We did a reccie trip in February, and it looks like a great place to live. I'm a brickie.

Would love to watch the World Cup rugby with other springbok fanatics, as it's best watched in a crowd of cheering rugby mad supporters!!

We're hoping to settle in the Aberfoyle Park area. We'll be staying at Adelaide Shores for a few days, and then we'll play it by ear after that!

My brother and sister took their families back to Durban last year, they have both since returned to UK saying it's not the same place they used to know. Too expensive and too much crime. Don't feel safe and no future for their kids.

I had a great childhood in Durban and will never forget it.

Will take up playing Rugby again in Australia, hopefully at Onpakaringa, and Wend's going to play softball, also get the kids involved in allsorts of clubs. Going to make a real effort to fit in. Can't wait, so excited!

Would like to hear from any happy positive people with the same interests.

All the best to everyone applying for their visas. Think you're making the right decision. I know we are.

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ,

I'm not over there yet but am writting from Durban RSA and can agree that things have gotten alot worse, I'm in the process of applying for a PR visa to immigrated to Adelaide but are still in the very beginning stages of having my qualifications assessed.

We are very excited (wife, daughter and myself) and cannot wait for the new adventure to start, we have literally being living in Adelaide on the internet, viewing the houses, shops and any other photos we can lay our hands on. When in Adelaide my wife would like to study and I will be focusing on Quality Management in the automotive industry. The little one will begin school in Oz and she keeps talking about it.

Regards

K & B

:(-->

QUOTE(K & B @ Aug 27 2007, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Russ,

I'm not over there yet but am writting from Durban RSA and can agree that things have gotten alot worse, I'm in the process of applying for a PR visa to immigrated to Adelaide but are still in the very beginning stages of having my qualifications assessed.

We are very excited (wife, daughter and myself) and cannot wait for the new adventure to start, we have literally being living in Adelaide on the internet, viewing the houses, shops and any other photos we can lay our hands on. When in Adelaide my wife would like to study and I will be focusing on Quality Management in the automotive industry. The little one will begin school in Oz and she keeps talking about it.

Regards

K & B

hi k&b

when we are over in ad and established .if you guys need any help with anything ,info etc

we,ll be happy to help

theres loads of auto industry for you in ad

we done a 3 week reccie trip to ad and looks a great place to live and raise a family,i talked to loads of people over here in the 3 weeks ,got new friends got work contacts and a job lined up

if you talk to poeple you make friends and doors open for you ,we found oz people very welcoming

easy going and friendly

all the best for your aplication

cheers

russ

hi russ

we,re here... my hubby loves rugby... they watch all the games even if they have to tape them...we have a baby girl she's one now and have been here 18 months now and love the place...we're down at aldinga beach so when ever you need something please let us know and we'll see what we can do...

please contact us when you're here...

:holy:

hi russ

we,re here... my hubby loves rugby... they watch all the games even if they have to tape them...we have a baby girl she's one now and have been here 18 months now and love the place...we're down at aldinga beach so when ever you need something please let us know and we'll see what we can do...

please contact us when you're here...

:ilikeit:

Hi

Just sounds like me! I tape all the matches as well. Would be great to meet up with you guys, so PM us and let us know your number and we'll give you a shout. Get the Castles flowing, the billtong out, and cheer on the Springboks, to another world cup victory! Yeehah! :ilikeit:

Russ

Hi Russ

We've also done the Durban - UK - Aus journey, and I think you'll be very happy over here - particularly with your love of the outdoor lifestyle. It really is 'all it's cracked up to be', and if you and your wife get involved in sports clubs I'm sure you'll make new australian friends and settle really quickly - good luck and enjoy!

Clare

Hi Russ,

Sorry I didn't pick up your message earlier (no prompt from the forum). We should keep in contact through the forum as e-mail addresses change. We will definately look you up when we get there. I'm pumped about the fact that there is plenty for us in Ade, I've been watching the job ads from this side and new post (somes up to 5) come up per day.

One thing we will have to take a look at when we get over is Footie (Aussie rules) I've watch a bit on TV and we need to check it out first hand.

I'm excited about the Mountain biking in the area, there seems to be great places to ride, and Ade seems mostly flat (as a table compared with Natal) so commuting by bicycle will be easy.

Good luck with your application process, when do you expect to be back to Ade?

Regards

K & B

:ilikeit:-->

QUOTE(K & B @ Aug 28 2007, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Russ,

Sorry I didn't pick up your message earlier (no prompt from the forum). We should keep in contact through the forum as e-mail addresses change. We will definately look you up when we get there. I'm pumped about the fact that there is plenty for us in Ade, I've been watching the job ads from this side and new post (somes up to 5) come up per day.

One thing we will have to take a look at when we get over is Footie (Aussie rules) I've watch a bit on TV and we need to check it out first hand.

I'm excited about the Mountain biking in the area, there seems to be great places to ride, and Ade seems mostly flat (as a table compared with Natal) so commuting by bicycle will be easy.

Good luck with your application process, when do you expect to be back to Ade?

Regards

K & B

Hi K & B

Sounds good on the job front for you, it makes it half the battle. About the Aussie rules, our friends mum supports Adelaide, and her husband supports Port Adelaide! they both want me to support their own teams! This came up at a braai, after some beers, and we all ended up laughing! So I'll be able to see it first hand with them, pulling me apart! Anyway, the game looks loads of fun.

About the mountain biking, we stayed at Adelaide Shores Holiday Village last Feb, for our visa validation trip, it's right on the beach and there's a cycle track right up and down the coast, and it's tar 3m wide, really nice to ride on. We'll be taking the kids out for loads of rides. Toilets everywhere and nice free gas braais all over the place. Just push the button, cook your stuff and clean up! Brilliant!

We received our visas Feb 06, but house sale held us up. Just exchanged contracts and completing on Friday, so we are flying out on the 5th September - for good! Yippee! :ilikeit:

It's a skilled independent 136 visa, which allows us to get citizenship after 2 years, which we will gladly accept.

Good luck with your application.

take care, keep well, and keep in touch

Russ

Hi Russ,

Myself ( 38 ), wife and daughter of 15 have been here almost 2 years now and loving it. We also used to live in the Durbas area, Pinetown the last 3 years before we moved to Aussie. Welcome ( almost ), please keep in touch and lets have a chat when u get here. I do some jogging righ past Adelaide shores most weekends from Westbeach to Genelg and back, it is a great place to stay the first while. I am sure you and your family will be very happy here.

Rugby union is not so big here in South Australia, but still there are clubs, also rugby league that has a bit differnet rules and less players. AFL is really big here. I am to much of a old toppie for playing rugby, but still follow if keenly.

I have a confession - I recently converted mate, I am a Aussie supporter now, no fence sitting :holy::) . IN order of preference and support for the World cup are 1) Australia 2 ) South Africa 3 ) France for me. Note no England, sorry again ;) The first 2 used to be the other way around but I figured this place has been so good to me I might just as well support it to the full. Still a bok supporter, just not first choice as is the case with choice of living and environment i suppose. Any way, welcome and please keep in touch.

Hey Russ,

We're not too far from Aberfoyle Park - only a stone's throw away! Very nice area everywhere around here. We went from Pietermaritzburg to Great Malvern (not too far from Leamington Spa!) to here - been in Adelaide 18 months now. My hubbie's a fanatic rugby fan as well. He records all the curry cup games at the moment from Foxtel and watches them later in the day. There is hardly any rugby in Adelaide at all apart from that. But we cope... :):holy:

Keep in touch

Annette

Hi Russ,

Myself ( 38 ), wife and daughter of 15 have been here almost 2 years now and loving it. We also used to live in the Durbas area, Pinetown the last 3 years before we moved to Aussie. Welcome ( almost ), please keep in touch and lets have a chat when u get here. I do some jogging righ past Adelaide shores most weekends from Westbeach to Genelg and back, it is a great place to stay the first while. I am sure you and your family will be very happy here.

Rugby union is not so big here in South Australia, but still there are clubs, also rugby league that has a bit differnet rules and less players. AFL is really big here. I am to much of a old toppie for playing rugby, but still follow if keenly.

I have a confession - I recently converted mate, I am a Aussie supporter now, no fence sitting :angry::( . IN order of preference and support for the World cup are 1) Australia 2 ) South Africa 3 ) France for me. Note no England, sorry again ;) The first 2 used to be the other way around but I figured this place has been so good to me I might just as well support it to the full. Still a bok supporter, just not first choice as is the case with choice of living and environment i suppose. Any way, welcome and please keep in touch.

Hi Marius

I'll be looking to join Onkaparinga Rugby Club, want to keep my fitness up, also get back into doing gym. I'm 35 now, and I need to keep it up.

Thanks for your reply, I'll contact you when we are there.

Russ

Hey Russ,

We're not too far from Aberfoyle Park - only a stone's throw away! Very nice area everywhere around here. We went from Pietermaritzburg to Great Malvern (not too far from Leamington Spa!) to here - been in Adelaide 18 months now. My hubbie's a fanatic rugby fan as well. He records all the curry cup games at the moment from Foxtel and watches them later in the day. There is hardly any rugby in Adelaide at all apart from that. But we cope... :holy::(

Keep in touch

Annette

Hi Annette,

I'll be borrowing those tapes off your husband to watch the rugby! I've also got loads of springbok rugby matches on tape from about 1999ish.

Thanks for the reply, and we'll contact you when we are over there.

Russ

Russ,

I kept forgetting to activate the e-mail alert. Read the letter and good luck - I'm sure by the time you read this you will be in Adelaide by the way I think the policy has changed on citizenship and 4 years residency is required (form 1 Sept) to be eligable, just check it out. I'm still in the early stages of a 176 so I will be the same as you.

I think Adelaide is going to be wild and one of the things I plan to do a lot is camping and over night trips all around the South and East coast and plan to ride all over the great Adelaide area. Over here is RSA you lock yourself away at night and the weekends so no matter how beautiful the country is you never get to see it.

We will definately have to hook up when I get over so PM when you get your new e-mail address that side.

Regards

K&B