Brisbane 6 weeks later

Guest fishermanswife

Guest fishermanswife

Hello there,

So we are now six weeks here and it just gets easier and better everday. We are truly priviledged to be here.

We love......

Taking the kids out at night on the weekends and not worry about alarms, dogs or panic buttons.

Driving with your handbag on your seat next to you...No worries mate (or should I say no smash and grab and take)

Enjoying your surroundings be it outside or in a shopping centre and not watching your back.

Being able to draw money when you want,where you want.

Sleeping at night... really sleeping at night, no worries.

The trucks they are huge!

The variety of take out food (thai,sushi,chinese,american you name it.)

DFO - Clothes shopping centre for the ladies it's heaven sent.

The variety of foods - 5 or six types of mushrooms.

real cherries

The childrens variety of snack foods.

The coke packs of 32 for $12.

Australian Idols.

The radio Station - much better music with more variety.

The fact that 45mins down the coast is surfers paradise and all the theme parks.

The birds in your garden -cockatoos,parrots and other bright cheerful little fellows.

The facilities for kids , the parks have slides jungle gyms.swings,rockers boats and all clean and maintained.

The pelicans.....

Feel free to add to my list.

We are loving it!

Sounds fabulous!

Wish we were there!

Crickey, mate!! Rub it in! Right under our noses! Make our suffering even worse by telling us how great it is out there!! :holy:

Just kidding, I am happy for you, and I pray it will someday be my turn to write a note like yours! :ilikeit:

Edited by Biltongboer

Hey Fisho's Wife....We've been here in Brissy for over 3,5 years and it just gets better. Yes after the inevitable "honeymoon" phase it does taper off a bit and it does become a bit more realistic....but it is still a great place. The wife and our kid is currently back in SA ( and she is enjoying her time with the family thoroughly) but she once again told me how much she really appreciates our "life" and what we have over here. It's good to be gratefull.

E.g. tonight was one of those great nights out, went to a Bronco's vs Bulldogs league game at Suncorp, gr8 stadium, gr8 weather, gr8 match, gr8 free (included in the price of you game ticket) and organised public transport to and from the game. The only downer for the night Bronco's lost by one point in the last 4 minutes of the game! Those damn Sydney B'dogs. Enough said?

ProBUG

Hello there,

So we are now six weeks here and it just gets easier and better everday. We are truly priviledged to be here.

We love......

Taking the kids out at night on the weekends and not worry about alarms, dogs or panic buttons.

Driving with your handbag on your seat next to you...No worries mate (or should I say no smash and grab and take)

Enjoying your surroundings be it outside or in a shopping centre and not watching your back.

Being able to draw money when you want,where you want.

Sleeping at night... really sleeping at night, no worries.

The trucks they are huge!

The variety of take out food (thai,sushi,chinese,american you name it.)

DFO - Clothes shopping centre for the ladies it's heaven sent.

The variety of foods - 5 or six types of mushrooms.

real cherries

The childrens variety of snack foods.

The coke packs of 32 for $12.

Australian Idols.

The radio Station - much better music with more variety.

The fact that 45mins down the coast is surfers paradise and all the theme parks.

The birds in your garden -cockatoos,parrots and other bright cheerful little fellows.

The facilities for kids , the parks have slides jungle gyms.swings,rockers boats and all clean and maintained.

The pelicans.....

Feel free to add to my list.

We are loving it!

Great to see you are settling in, Has Rob done any fishing yet or are you still exploring.

We were heading for Perth but after a few job leads it might be Brisbane or futher North.

Send regards to Rob and family. :P

Cheers

Camper & Family

p.s. we have coffee club this afternoon, so to-morrow is defintley going to be a day of mourning. B)