Help! Info needed on small towns

DesertDaisy

My dh is going for an interview next week. One of the things he has to do beforehand is choose which of a number of towns he would like to work. Except we have never heard of these places! Your input would be valuable! Where are they, what are they like?

Albany

Bunbury

Geraldton

Kalgoorlie

Norseman

Broome

Collie

Hedland

Mandurah

Pinjarra

Edited by DesertDaisy

My dh is going for an interview next week. One of the things he has to do beforehand is choose which of a number of towns he would like to work. Except we have never heard of these places! Your input would be valuable! Where are they, what are they like?

Albany

Bunbury

Geraldton

Kalgoorlie

Norseman

Broome

Collie

Hedland

Mandurah

Pinjarra

Albany - very nice town, lots of South Africans, weather is nice and cool, pretty diving spots. Nearby the sea. Nice shops

Bunbury - I love that town, lots of South Africans, lovely weather all year, little bit windy sometimes. Nice shops Nearby the sea

Collie - Inland from Bunbury - very hot, small town, have to go to Bunbury for shopping.

Mandurah - lots of South Africans, lovely town, close to Perth (hours drive), nice shops, big town, hot (like Durban) in summer, nice in winter, close to sea

Pinjarra - very small, not to far from Mandurah - have to do shopping in Mandurah, can get hot.

The rest of the places is up north, I don't like up north, to much flies. But you can pm me if you want to know more.

I could have gotten a job in Kalgoorlie, but then I read they had the most brothels per capita in Oz, and seeing that I am happily married, I declined and came to the town of wine and pasta, for which I have more use than brothels. But I have never been there, a wee bit too far!

Hi there, :whome:

Kalgoorlie is the only town in Australia that has legal brothels(3), but these are merely tourist attractions. The town itself is very far removed from the type of picture this fact likes to paint.

It is a community that values its history but embraces modern life with a balance that is unusual. If you ever get the chance to visit, please do so. You will be pleasantly surprised! :ilikeit:

Greetings

Dreamy