Should we take Coat hangers (klere hangers)?

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

Hubby and I have LOTS of coat hangers (those nice plastic ones :o ), and we are not sure whether to pack them or leave them :blush: . We are not taking a container and will only cargo a few boxes with personal belongings. Space and weight is a problem, but we don’t want to buy new ones if it is too expensive.

What do you think?

Lovies, Pippa! X

I'd say take a few, and buy more here - they are quite expensive here though...

You need some for when you land to hang your stuff...

Bokka nuwes kos min, veral as jy in ag neem hoeveel die kos vir die vlug ens!!!!!

Hi Pippa,

I have not found the quality of hangers here (Sydney) to be the equivalent of what we had in SAfrica. I brought all our hangers - that's 8 years ago and haven't regretted it!

SAS

Hi Pippa,

They have plastic hangers here but I have to agree that the quality isn't as good as the ones from SA. We brought all of ours, I was horrified to note that they filled a huge box on their own.... only have about 150 :ilikeit: (maybe I have an addiction to coathangers...)

I would bring what you can, but then again a hanger doesn't have to be good looking :ilikeit:

Happy packing :D

Edited by The Parsons Family

Aaalll riigghhttyyy then!

I think this discussion is becoming a tad on the crazy side! it's the 1st time I've ever heard of an addiction to coat hangers!

LOL

Aramat

Aaalll riigghhttyyy then!

I think this discussion is becoming a tad on the crazy side! it's the 1st time I've ever heard of an addiction to coat hangers!

LOL

Aramat

It's sad... but true Aramat... us women (and especially housewives) get addicted to many a strange thing... u think they might get suspicious if I try and bring over some empty jeyes fluid cans in my luggage... oooh and then there is that disinfectant floor cleaner I keep in my bedside table that I don't think I can do without... :huh:

p.s... only 1 box Parsons Fam? I had the Elliott lady here today and she said I'll need at least two... hmmm... and after reading this post I feel the need to go out and buy some more as backups... :ilikeit:

Vee, I agree with you! The smallest things can make your life easier, and having PROPER hangers, I say, is deifnitely one of them! Especially if you're the one doing the washing and hanging up :huh:

The quality of some of the plastic coat hangers here is very bad. We've probably thrown away close to 20 in 3 yrs because they just snap under pressure. I never thought I'd say this but I miss the quality of those the street vendors sell in the road in Gauteng. It is strange considering that they are both likely made in China. :huh:

What to do....

I'll pack as many boxes of hangers as I can and when I get there we'll have a hanger party ... ooh wait... a hide and seek hanger party and you can all come over to my place and you can keep as many hangers as you can find!!! :ilikeit:

We can make it a new innitiation for all incoming South Africans to Aus... they have to bring an extra box of hangers for a H&Seek party! :whome:

And that way we'll always have nice strong hangers... ? :ilikeit:

Funny thing is... I found a china shop in Durban that sells them HALF the price of the street vendors... hubby thought I was mental the last time we visited family 'cos all I wanted to do was buy more hangers... I was like a kid in a sweet shop (or like a crazy housewife when Jeyes Fluid is on special... ) :huh:

You guys are just too much! ROTFLMAO!

Wish I was coming to Adelaide, could do with a few more hangers from your party....... oh look now what youv'e done, I think I've been infected.... LOL!

Aramat

...zzziiiipppp... back to reality...

Ons het onlangs getrek na 'n ander plek wat biedjie ouer is, seker so tussen 12-17 jare teen oordie vorige plek van net oor die 4 jaar oud.

Watter skok het ons agter gekom die kaste het geen rakke nie, daar is NIKS nie! Okay behalwe die boonste rak, waar die truie of sweet pak kom is daar geen ander rakke!

Man ek het inderhaas Bunnings besoek vir 'n klompie planke, en my eie lostaande rakke gebou!

Nou het ons weer plek vir die ander goedtjies.

Die punt -> die Aussies hang graag hulle goed op, te doen met minder stryk.

DUS, indien jy plek het of kan maak bring 'n klomp hangers saam. Sal dit nodig kry!

IMHO

D :ilikeit:

lol! You're plans must be pretty sorted if the biggest worry is coat hangers!! Hehehe.

Ek dink dis daai freakin robot verkopers wat al ons Saffers so gebrainwash het - man al wil jy kan jy nie 'n ou vemy wat 'n swartsak of 'n plastic coathanger aan jou wil verkoop nie.

Ek het altyd die ouens so uitgekyk en gedink of hulle is regtig mal want "really" hoeveel coat hangers kan 'n ou nou dan wil he

Of hulle moet 'n regte "need" (fetish?) besig wees om voer. Ek het altyd maar aangeneem hulle is lekker mal maar nadat ek die girls hierbo "gelees" het dink ek hulle was "on the money" RESPECT!

Hanging in there BUG

Hi Almal,

Baie dankie vir julle terugvoer B) . Ek weet dit is nie die mees interessante topic nie :P , maar wou maar net geweet het. As ons plek het, gaan ons so paar vat!

Dankie vir almal se raad - ek waardeer dit!

Groete, Pippa! X

lol! You're plans must be pretty sorted if the biggest worry is coat hangers!! Hehehe.

hangers are so cheap - so what if they break - gosh guys....how can you take a mans job away from him - what excuse will he have to go to Bunnings if you bring coathangers with u.!!!!