When the container arrives in Aus

Mary

Hi,

If our container arrives in Aus before we are ready to move into our rental house, can anybody give me a rough idea of what it would cost for the removal company to "keep it in storage" for us until we are ready to unpack it? I just want to find out if it would be worth it. I think I would prefer to send my furniture well in advance to make sure that it is already there when we've found a house to rent. We're not taking everything, so will be able to make do with what we've got here in SA until we leave. (If the cost depends on which State it is - we're going to Perth)

Thanks

Mary

Hi, I will not be able to give you a direct answer, but I can suggest that you contact the relevant removal companies. They should be able to give you an accurate figure. We used Elliots

Hi Mary

We used Stuttafords in SA, they use an agent here called: Australasian Relocations.

For us to store a 20ft container (in Sydney) will be $463.50 one time handling fee, and then it's $321.36 per month.

Hope this helps a bit, but yeah, best to contact your specific agent. Apparently it's cheaper to put your container in storage in SA, and then ship it at a later date. Mine at this stage, from Jhb to Sydney - app 9 weeks.

Good luck!

My storage fee was included in the shipping with Kings, though I ended up not needing it!