School and University Fees in Queensland

Jake

• 4 weeks later...
What are the school fee's and university fee's in queensland, toowoomba??

Not sure do you want me to check for you?? What visa will you be on...because the INternational fees are expensive - but if you are a PR the kids can study at Uni on the Hecs program and only start paying their loan back once they reach over about $35000 a year.

Heather

Hallo Heather,

Yeah, i'd like that. My parents, sister and i will be going on the Subclass 495 or 486 visa. What will medical costs be if you don't have PR?

Guest colton

- but if you are a PR the kids can study at Uni on the Hecs program and only start paying their loan back once they reach over about $35000 a year.

Hi Jake,

Unfortunately only if you have CITIZENSHIP do you qualify for HECS. :lol: The fees for Uni vary according to the course you are undertaking. As Heather mentioned International Fees are steep and on a 457 you fall under International, sorry have no idea if your visa does too.

Edited by colton

Hallo Heather,

Yeah, i'd like that. My parents, sister and i will be going on the Subclass 495 or 486 visa. What will medical costs be if you don't have PR?

Medical costs for average doctor is between 45 and 75 dollars a visit. Hospitals - I would be inclined to try and get private cover asap.

Dentists however are very expensive.

Not sure do you want me to check for you?? What visa will you be on...because the INternational fees are expensive - but if you are a PR the kids can study at Uni on the Hecs program and only start paying their loan back once they reach over about $35000 a year.

Heather

this website is good as you can request the fee structure for Toowoomba Uni www.usq.edu.au/campcent/tmba/default.htm

Who is going to Uni - is that for you - if so, do a google search and type in QTAC, you need to apply before beginning of October to be accepted - so if you can get your application in now it will be good - you can also request that they send you the QTAC booklet which outlines all the Universities in QLD and what they offer as courses. My kids are at Uni and are on facebook if you want to ask them questions

Hallo Heather,

Hi Jake

Please give me some more info - who is at school is it you or your sister - what grade - boys or girls only school - private or government and what school are you or her in at the moment.

We are from Winston Park so know the Kloof area really well - my kids were at Thomas More

So let me know then I can contact the schools for you to find out about their fees.

(Toowoomba is a little bit out of the way - inland - its not near the sea. Its not a bad town from what I have seen as we have only been there twice when my boys played hockey there) It is on the top of a hill and is hard to try and compare with towns in SA. Some of the areas we drove through are really nice and I would imagine if you managed to find homes near the elite schools that would probably dictate area.)

send me your contact details and I will try and find someone in Toowoomba that can give you more information