Living in Crows Nest, NSW

Pieter en Lindie

Hi Everybody

We would really like to hear from other South Africans living in Crows Nest or nearby areas or people with info on Crows nest.

My wife and I have been offered jobs in Crows nest (457 sponsored) and the employer offered us his fathers house, if we want to rent it. Apparently it is 5 min drive from the office and 5 min walk from a great public school. I cannot find any information on Crows Nest.

We have three small children and are from Somerset West, Cape Town. Not use to city life at all, but if this is the quickest and easiest way to get to Aus we are willing to do it.

Any information will be appreciated.

Regards

Pieter Rossouw

Hi Pieter & Lindie

I just did a google with 'crows nest australia' and came up with quite a lot of info, some of it may help you.

It is pretty close to city centre, so have no idea how you will adapt to that!

If this is a way in, then perhaps you should take a chance!

It may be a good idea to come and check it out!

G'day Pieter,

I have lived on the North Shore for a looong time. For years I used to walk though Crows Nest on my way to work.

It is not a bad area. It could be a bit 'busy' depending on what you are used to. The Pacific Highway there has been called "furniture alley" because of the many furniture shops. There are a lot of other shops and restaurants particularly along the Pacific Highway and Willoughby road. There is a Woolworths supermarket on the corner of Falcon and Alexander streets, and Coles at St Leonards Station which is just where the train line and Pacific Highway cross. Train from St Leonards to Town Hall in the city takes less than 20 mins.

Pieter

Crows Nest reminds me of Melville when I was a Uni student in SA. It has heaps of restaurants and cafes (coffee shops). They have some lovely units & houses in Crows Nest it is a very safe area. I would say mostly couples and young & families live in the area. They are def pockets of Crows Nest that are really peaceful. St Leonards or Wollstonecraft is usually your closest train stations. I would happily live in Crows Nest.