sport

BEETGE

hallo daar :ilikeit:

is daar sport by die skole.ek het 3 seuns en hulle is mal oor sport.hulle speel rugby krieket tennis en doen nog karate ook. :blush: groete k

Schools in Australia do not have sport the same as SA schools, perhaps because the schools hours are from 9am to 3.30pm. Sport here is usually played at club level...from the juniors all the way through to the professionals. So the kids can join a club in the sport of their choice!

Schools in Australia do not have sport the same as SA schools, perhaps because the schools hours are from 9am to 3.30pm. Sport here is usually played at club level...from the juniors all the way through to the professionals. So the kids can join a club in the sport of their choice!

WOW!! No wonder these Aussies are so damn good??? That is brilliant. I think that is perfect in getting your mindset right from an early age already!!

The sports club culture here is great. My son is sports mad, and he has grown in leaps and bounds since joining the local cricket and rugby clubs. They benefit from proper training, proper equipment, organized competitions and a feeder system into the more senior levels of the game. It works really well!

Ajay

The sports club culture here is great. My son is sports mad, and he has grown in leaps and bounds since joining the local cricket and rugby clubs. They benefit from proper training, proper equipment, organized competitions and a feeder system into the more senior levels of the game. It works really well!

Ajay

hi se my betaal mens vir die sport klubs en is dit by die skool.wanneer oefen hulle na skool? :unsure:

When i started high school we did not have any cricket at school. It was really disappointing. After 2 years of playing rugby i joined the local cricket club. I started playing on a more senior level. It was a huge learning curve.It really was the mould for the player i am today. I am getting older but the attitude and the fundamentals that i was taught all that years ago remain in tact. I cant wait to get my son into that system!!!

There is no organized sport here at school level, as we knew it in RSA.

In some instances school’s facilities are used, e.g. the school gym or cricket-pitch. Like other posters stated, all across Australia sport for children happens on private club level.

In some instances school kids participate in sport that is organized to some extent on school level. An example is how Rugby League is played at some high schools in South Australia. It in not regarded as an extra curricular activity and it counts towards the player’s SACE accreditations for Health & PE in their 11th and 12th years at school. Some fees are payable, but Rugby League Australia carries much of the burden, e.g. transport to other centres & interstate. (I believe both the Rugby codes are involved in similar in the Eastern States.)

In South Australia there is also an annual swimming/aquatics programme for students R – 12. Each school participates in this once a year and it takes place over one school week. All children are engaged in this for about 3 hours each day for that week. Parents pay a fee of about $50.00. Lower income people are subsidised as well, but most parents prefer to pay it in one payment while some parents with a number of kids at school often pay it off over a few months before the event. The kids enjoy these activities immensely!

However, for the most part kids do their sport at clubs.

The costs involved vary from club to club and sport to sport. Rugby Union can be a bit expensive as an insurance fee for players is mandatory and a season enrollment can cost a player anything between $80.00 – $160.00 depending on age level.

For other sports the costs are lower, I believe the costs per season for primary school kids in sports like cricket, netball and athletics range from about $25.00 - $40.00 per season.

There is no busing of school kids to events and it is up to parents to get their kids to match events. In a sport like Rugby Union be prepared to travel longish distances to be at venues quite early especially for junior players in South Oz on Saturdays.

haai jy

wel daar word sport gespeel in die skole, my kinders speel rugby, krieket, hokkie, landloop en kegelbal vir die skool spanne, maar dit is baie beter om vir die klub te speel. Kos net baie duur om aan die klubs te behoort.

Maar die klubs is baie georganise, ons was maar 2 maande hier, toe die klub my kind die geleentheid gegee het om as uitruil student engelland toe te gaan vir rugby( ons het hom nie gestuur nie- hy was nog te nuut hier) en die klub gaan nou volgende jaar nz toe- so ja die sport bly baie besig .

Karate is ook baie gewild hier, my kinders het tot pers beld gegaan in sa maar weier om aan te gaan hier,

Al wat ek nie mal oor die krieket was, gemendge spanne, my meisiekind was in 'n seun span-

so ja jou seuns sal baie besig kan bly hier

Guest colton

We also have all kinds of sport at our school, rugby, cricket, hockey, volleyball, swimming, athletics, soccer etc. In fact the kids HAVE to pick a sport each semester. Depending on what sport they play they either play early in the morning or after school.

The days my daughter does sport after school she finishes at 5pm and when she does it in the mornings she has to start at 7.30am. They also have proper coaches, not just using teachers as we are used to. Everyone plays matches on a friday, no saturdays ever. They finish school at 12.30pm and then get bused to where ever they are playing.

Parents don't really attend matches like back in RSA but I think it is because most parents are at work and the school organises the transport there and back.

I actually prefer the no matches on a saturday as you can plan a weekend without sport taking up a whole day. Each school and environment seems to be different, there is also a huge difference between private and public school.

:) h

We also have all kinds of sport at our school, rugby, cricket, hockey, volleyball, swimming, athletics, soccer etc. In fact the kids HAVE to pick a sport each semester. Depending on what sport they play they either play early in the morning or after school.

The days my daughter does sport after school she finishes at 5pm and when she does it in the mornings she has to start at 7.30am. They also have proper coaches, not just using teachers as we are used to. Everyone plays matches on a friday, no saturdays ever. They finish school at 12.30pm and then get bused to where ever they are playing.

Parents don't really attend matches like back in RSA but I think it is because most parents are at work and the school organises the transport there and back.

I actually prefer the no matches on a saturday as you can plan a weekend without sport taking up a whole day. Each school and environment seems to be different, there is also a huge difference between private and public school.

baie dankie julle almal :blink: ek is seker my kinders sal dit baie geniet om daar ook deelte neem.dit sal hulle ook makliker laat aanpas.groete karen

WOW!! No wonder these Aussies are so damn good??? That is brilliant. I think that is perfect in getting your mindset right from an early age already!!

Thats right and if they excell at club level and at state level then they can go to the accadamy of sport in Canberra. it just gets better

• 4 weeks later...
:ilikeit: h

baie dankie julle almal :ilikeit: ek is seker my kinders sal dit baie geniet om daar ook deelte neem.dit sal hulle ook makliker laat aanpas.groete karen

Hi, Ek wil weet of iemand my kan sê of daar sokker is.

Hallo julle,

Dit lyk my hierdie sport ding verskil van area tot area en dan ook van staat tot staat.

Hier in 'regional' Queensland doen die kinders nie sport na skool soos wat ons gewoont is nie.

Nope hul moet by 'n klub inskryf.

Daar is allerande sport soorte beskikbaar van Rugby League, krieket, atletiek, swem, hokkie, sokker, basketbal, sagtebal, netbal, tennis en andere. In ons dorp in Rugby Unie baie klein en slegs een senior span.

Om aan 'n klub te behoort kos geld, gewoonlik in die $100 omgewing (hang af van tipe sport en omgewing), plus dan die oefening is later die middag of aand. Soos gesê is is skool tot rond om 15:00 en hier by ons begin die juniors gewoonlik 16:00 en die seniors rondom 17:30.

Op die einde van die dag moet jy die seuns neem om te gaan sien waarvan hulle sal hou en wat hulle wil doen, en so dan die besluit maak!

My seuns speel hokkie, krieket, tennis en swem!

O, en die afrigters, soos vroeer gesê is die kwaliteit van afrigting baie goed hier. Bv die hokkie. Daar is 'n regional diretor of coaching, wat die klub tenminste eenkeer 'n maand besoek, en hy help dan die kinders met intense afrigting. Die meeste afrigters is gewone werkende mense soos ek en jy, maar hulle gee baie van hulle tyd vir kurses, seminare en so aan. Hulle wil die beste wees, en die kinders wil dan die best terug gee. Dus 'n wen-wen vir altwee partye.

HTH

D :unsure: