Visa for parent

LeonF

Has anybody gone through the process of obtaining a PR visa for their parents.

If so, I would be interested to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

I seem to recall there are a couple of different classes so of which have longer waiting lists than others.

Leon

Hi Leon

Both my mom and my sisiter in law's mom went over in 2004 on the Contributory Paren visa. The reason for this was that although that class costs a lot more the waiting list is far shorter and more visas were granted in that category. Both their applications were approved within six months. They both have jobs in Aus, and the other mom is even studying at Notre Dame.

My mother had a parent visa application in the queue at the time the CP category was introduced and at that stage her waiting period was 15 years(!). I'm not sure what the two waiting lists are like now but if you go to the immi site you can get more information about the waiting periods.

Guest Larry

A friend of mine is an only child. Her father died at about the time that she and her family were intending to move to Australia. They re-submitted their application including her mother as part of the family as the mother was dependent on them. - It all went through and they all live happily (?) in Brisbane.

I feel that her hubby is a candidate for canonisation for putting up with a mother-in-law like that.

A friend of mine is an only child. Her father died at about the time that she and her family were intending to move to Australia. They re-submitted their application including her mother as part of the family as the mother was dependent on them. - It all went through and they all live happily (?) in Brisbane.

I feel that her hubby is a candidate for canonisation for putting up with a mother-in-law like that.

My Husband would absolutely agree with you Larry.

We brought over my Mother-in-law on the Contributory Parental Visa in 2004. She is frail and elderly with dementia and now well cared for in a Age-Care facility.

The whole process took 6 months.