Welcome to Perth

Lindy-Lee

I found this site, I have not used it but thought that just maybe someone out there might find it interesting.

They seem to have regular get togethers to meet people and make new friends.

http://www.thewelcomeclub.com.au/

Hope someone can make use of them.

:ilikeit:

Hi

Thanks for the site, have contacted them. Even though there seems to be so many people in Perth, I still can't seem to really make good friends, even though I have started to join clubs here.

Oh well, guess it all can't happen overnight, guess I just miss my old friends a lot. :ilikeit:

Hey girl

Would you mind letting us know how it went. It could be very helpful to some other people too. :ilikeit:

Hve a good weekend.

Lindy-Lee

:)

No more Perth welcoming club, this is the response I got :thumbdown:

"Sorry but we are not taking on any new members. Unfortunately we have had to

put the club into mothballs due to financial issues - it is a great concept

but not enough people are happy to pay to join so we cannot continue to fund

the running of the club."

Sorry all :thumbdown:

I had no Idea, thought it was such a nice idea to begin with...well guess it was ot meant to be.

Hi there

Also got an email from them today saying that they are not accepting new members. :ilikeit:

Hi Perthians

Why don't you guys start a "coffee club" in Perth, we have quite a few Perth members and a number of Perth wannabies still in SA. I, for one, would love to meet up with y'all "one day"

Cindylou

I've been thinking of something like that...but and sorry but I'm going to be very honest now....what do I do if I meet people who I don't like :)

I'm not very good at pretending that I like someone if I don't :ilikeit: and I don't want to hurt someones feelings by telling them it either. :ilikeit:

My other problem is...I don't drive... :) so getting somewhere is always an issue for me unless I drag my hubby along.

What I can do is this....I live in Ellenbrook and if there is any one who would like to get together for coffee, we can do it at my place. Kids welcome, I have 2 daughters (aged 8 and 3).

Pisces and Yvonne have my details already but if anyone else is interested just PM or mail me and I will see when we can do this.

How does this sound to start with? Guess we have to start somewhere!

Okay invite out...now it's all up to you guys or rather gals :P

Cindylou...when are you arriving in Perth?

Hi Lindy-Lee

I'm sorry, I had to giggle at your post - it’s so true, but something I hadn't really thought about: what if we don't like the "off line" personality?

My PR application isn't even lodged yet, so we're not looking to leave SA until next year (early, I hope!) But I'll definitely be over for a visit some time this year - trying to time it so that we miss the bad weather!

Good luck with the get together, I hope you only meet people you like!

CL

Hey Cindylou

If you come over for visit...we should get together and see if we like each other :):ilikeit:

Lindy-Lee

:ilikeit:

*giggle*

Would love to meet you, and all the other Perthians on the forum.

I am also keen to meet other Perthians. I have the same concerns about not gettnig along, but I guess all parties will know when that's the case. I for one am a very bad actress and can not pretend to get along with people I do not like.

Hey guys, lets not dwell on the negative side here, be positive :rolleyes: we're all going to love each other :ilikeit:

I'd love to get out to your place Lindy-Lee and meet everyone, I think it's a great idea. I'm sure if 5+ of us get together everyone will be able to talk to someone and get to like at least one person.

If there is anyone from the southern side and also has hassles with transport they could always get a ride with me.

Let us know when it would be convenient for you.