Interest Rates

Mick

Hi

I would like to know what type of interest rates one can get at an Australian Bank

on a 12 month fixed term investment

and also on a savings account.

Thank You

Hi

I would like to know what type of interest rates one can get at an Australian Bank

on a 12 month fixed term investment

and also on a savings account.

Thank You

Not sure about fixed term but we have an online savings account with HSBC - it's pretty much a current account (has a Maestro card etc.) and provides 5% interest if you keep your balance over $5000. The best thing is there are almost no account charges (charges here are normally as bad as SA!). The bad thing is they have hardly any branches or ATM's, so if you draw from ATM's a lot they'll start charging you after 5 withdrawals from other banks. Alternatively their serious saver account provides 6.4% as long as you don't withdraw anything - but no interest if you do! But that's a pure savings account no card or anything....

Martyn

Hi,

I opened a Cash Investment Account with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

I got all the information I needed from their toll free number 0800 980 339 (RSA). They are very friendly and helpful, give them a call.

I don't know about the 12 month fix term, but I earn 5% interest on a cash investment account per year.

Hi Mick

I used this site to run a comparison for various bank products, interest rates etc and found it very useful!

C'Lou

(PS have moved this post to the correct section)