Meeting people in Brisbane

row

Hi, my family and I arrived in Brisbane a month ago. We have two small kids (3years and 1 year). My husband is working and I am not.

So far we are doing really well, but I am really starting to miss friends and interaction with adults!

Anyone know any good places to meet people?

Hi there, we live in Brissie, where do you guys stay? We are on the North side of the river/gateway.

Pm me with your contact details so that we can get in touch.

Hi

I'd be interested too. I'm newly arrived in Brisbane as well. Marion (if I remember correctly) suggested a coffee club for Brisbane. I think that's a stunning idea. Shall we give it a go?

shongololo

Hi I send you a personal mail. With your 2 small children you can try to find a playgroup at your local community centre. I take my daughter twice a week and she loves. It gets you out of the house and then you can meet other moms. I pay 8 dollars every time we go.

Liza

Hi

I'd be interested too. I'm newly arrived in Brisbane as well. Marion (if I remember correctly) suggested a coffee club for Brisbane. I think that's a stunning idea. Shall we give it a go?

shongololo

Hi Shongololo

I would be keen for a coffee club. Where do you stay? PM me with your details and we can get in touch.

Rowena

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Row,ek het n pel wat in Perth gebly het vir amper 2 jaar en nou Brisane toe getrek het en was moeilik in die begin maar is nou ok.Ek dink sy sal bly wes om jou te ontmoet.Sy het ook 2 kindertjies van 3en n half en 5.Ek gaan haar nr vir jou mail.Jy sal nie spyt wees nie .Sy is n great persoon en trek mense baie na haar toe met haar nice persoonlikheid.

Hoop jy maak kontak met haar.Gaan dit gou vir jou stuur.

Groete Ursula

Edited by Allie&Urs

Hello there,

We also arrived about a month ago and my hubby is working now ao need to get mixing with some adults we are staying in the Wynnum/Manly area.Any moms interested in meeting up? :whome:

Regards

Wendy(oh yes two kids 7 and 2)

My son & DIL are in Brisbane, they got a 4 year old son, Woodridge. They both joined this forum sometime ago but are not very active. He is into extreme bikes, braai's both working. (Eagle & Angel) PM me for contact them

• 2 weeks later...
Hello there,

We also arrived about a month ago and my hubby is working now ao need to get mixing with some adults we are staying in the Wynnum/Manly area.Any moms interested in meeting up? :ilikeit:

Regards

Wendy(oh yes two kids 7 and 2)

Hi Wendy and all Saffers in Brisbane, I am not to far from you (Carindale). We arrived six months ago and our kids are 7(girl) & 17(boy). I am studying full-time but wouold love to make time to meet up.

Naomi