Recent trip to Sydney

Yvonne

We have returned from a week in Sydney. We flew over from Perth with Virgin Blue. Here's a tip - try to avoid the 1am flight. The aeroplane is uncomfortable and you hardly get to sleep. After arriving we caught the train to Central station - the train fare from the airport is very expensive - about $12-13 per person for a ten minute train journey! I've heard that a part of the line is privately owned and that's what pushes the price up.

Prior to coming to Australia we used to live just outside of London. Sydney reminded me of London straight away - small terraced houses in certain parts, a lot of traffic, loads of tourists, a real vibe around the main attractions and restaurants galore.

We went to many of the main attractions: Opera house, walked over the bridge (just on the foot path), ferried to Manly, got the train and bus to Bondi and walked around Darling harbour.

Over the weekend we caught the train to Katoomba in the Blue Mountains. The train fare was also about $12-13 but for a two hour journey! We were very fortunate to see the Three sisters in brilliant sunshine. It was also fun to go on the little train down to the bottom of the canyon and walk around the forest. The following day it was all misted over and you couldn't see a thing!

Sydney is a great city with lots of fun things to do. I'm sure we only scratched the surface!

post-162-1183110804.jpg

• 4 months later...
We have returned from a week in Sydney. We flew over from Perth with Virgin Blue. Here's a tip - try to avoid the 1am flight. The aeroplane is uncomfortable and you hardly get to sleep. After arriving we caught the train to Central station - the train fare from the airport is very expensive - about $12-13 per person for a ten minute train journey! I've heard that a part of the line is privately owned and that's what pushes the price up.

Prior to coming to Australia we used to live just outside of London. Sydney reminded me of London straight away - small terraced houses in certain parts, a lot of traffic, loads of tourists, a real vibe around the main attractions and restaurants galore.

We went to many of the main attractions: Opera house, walked over the bridge (just on the foot path), ferried to Manly, got the train and bus to Bondi and walked around Darling harbour.

Over the weekend we caught the train to Katoomba in the Blue Mountains. The train fare was also about $12-13 but for a two hour journey! We were very fortunate to see the Three sisters in brilliant sunshine. It was also fun to go on the little train down to the bottom of the canyon and walk around the forest. The following day it was all misted over and you couldn't see a thing!

Sydney is a great city with lots of fun things to do. I'm sure we only scratched the surface!

Hi,

Did the same sort of trip as you but just missed out the Blue mountains. Next time for sure!

I climbed the bridge late afternoon and it was dark by the time I came down but the view was spectacular.

I was just so impressed by the way that things ran. Trains, buses and ferries were on time, clean and the staff was friendly. A day ticket was Aus$ 15 and I could ride all transport including the Sydney rail around the city.

Sydney is the place for me.

Cheers,

Craig