2 Months in Mandurah, WA

Hanna

Hallo

I see there is quite a lot of people interested in Perth these days so I will give my view of WA. This is the first time that I am posting on the forum since we have arrived.

We landed on the 21st of April in Perth with a ton of luggage. Rental cars at the airport is quite expensive so we decided to rather get one on town. Hubby took a taxi and came back after only an hour with a Hyundai. Needless to say I sill don't know hom all our luggage fitted.

We arrive at our cottage in Mandurah, 72 km south of Perth. We did not get lost, the roads are marked so clearly and if you have a map book it is a breeze to drive here. No traffic like Gauteng.

Everything works here, from buying a car to renting property, applying for gas, electricity etc etc.

We stayed in a holiday appartment which the company provided for us, then we found a rental house within 2 weeks by just looking through the community pages.

The only difficulty we had was enrolling the children into a school in a suburb where we intend to stay. All the schools want a rental agreement for a property in their area before they can enroll your child.

What we did is drive through suburbs and looked at the layout and the schools and generally get the feel of the place. The children started school 7 days after we arrived. They love every minute of it.

My feelings:: :ilikeit:;) We love it. There is a bout 30 SA families in the town, once a month there is a church service in Afrikaans. The fishing is good, the customer service is fantastic, you won't believe how friendly the Australians are. They just want to help you. I have been driving around with my bicycle - there is so many routes just for bicycles and pedestrians. Everywhere you see lovely parrots. The quality of live is so much better here. As a family we spend so much time together here, riding bicycles, fishing, exploring, relaxing outside and not having to lock up the whole time. I cannot list eveeryting here though.

I will try to attach a photo of the Marina as well as the estuary - I hope it works. To those who still have to arrive, good luck and relax!!!! Everything will work out just fine. The stress will dissapear once you step of the plane. This is a fantastic country with so much opportinities!!

Regards

Hanna

post-2659-1182770842.jpg

post-2659-1182771284.jpg

Hi Hanna

Your mail couldn't have come at a better time! My husband resigned today from his work and we will arrive in Perth 11 August. We are ready for the big move, but the emotions are getting in the way!

I believe we will also arrive with lost of luggage!! Will use all 120kg that we have!

I'm so glad to hear from people who is already there that things can work out so positive!! Sounds like you all have a wonderfull time.

Tanya

• 1 month later...

Hi i agree, we are in the process of moving to Perth, having moved country once i know how stressful is can be, we are just waiting for our visas to be approved then moving to Perth, your thread has re=inspiered me, good luck with your new life....

see you in Perth