Payment of airline tickets

Rodz

Hi

This might come across as a stupid question but how do you pay say 24k for airline tickets?Do you use a credit card or what?

Thanx

Hi Rodz

Yep CR card is fine as walking around with cash would, lets just say not clever.

How's your app going?

Nilo

Hi Nilo

Thanx i thought as much.

Still waiting for my kids passports.The strikes here has just slowed the process down a bit. I am expecting them by the end of this week. The lady handling my application has sent me all the paperwork so she is waiting on me. I must commend my future employer as he is quite sympathetic towards the passport issue.

How things in Brissie?

Hi Rodz

We've had a few rather cold days and poor Des is just getting over his second bout of flu. We're deffinitely not used to cold weather having lived on a tropical island for the past 3 years. Amazing how one acclimatize. I am sure things will be better next winter as we coped realy well with Jhb winters before.

Brizzie's fine. It's home already. We feel at home here and I can not say it enough, we love feely safe and secure.

Good luck with the passports, yep you gotta love South Africa!?!?!

Have ya sold the car yet?

Nilo

Looks like the entire southern hemisphere has been experiering the cold. Its been awfully cold here in Maritzburg. I have been here 4 yrs and its the first winter its been so cold.

Thanx.I will phone them everyday until they spit them out.

No not yet. There is a guy that is interested but he must first see if he can get the finance.This new credit act that came in on the 1 june is making some havock here.

We are moving out of the house on Friday.Luckily i could secure me a month to month rental place.I battled a bit as most of the places wanted me to sign a long lease.If push came to shove and desperation set in i would have had to take it and just forfeit my deposit when i move out in 2 months time.

Did Des complete that job at the airport?

Hi

No they will be there for quite some time as they are only doing domestic now and still have to go to International. He's not working night shift though they completed that bit. He's on day shift now six to two but they put in an extra hour every day now and are working saturdays for the next month or two to get the job finished.

Hope your plans work out. Great to have an understanding boss isn't it?

Nilo

Nightshift suckz!!!

Thanx Nilo i really hope so. Ja he sounds cool. And to crown it off i have not even spoken to him as yet. I have only sent him a family photo. His daughter was selling her car and he has said that if i was interested in buying it they would keep it for me......so my car issue is sorted out.

Send my regards to Des!

Great!! Just find out what it is and how much he wants for the car.

Well good luck, a new week lies ahead with lots to do and a week closer to your move.

Get to bed now! We've just woken up it's Monday morning here.

Nilo

Its a 1992 Toyota for $2800. He says its very reliable!!

Thanx again.

Ja the wifey moaning here next to me. Enjoy your week too!!!

We bought a little corolla I think a 1986 and she runs like a dream. Dale (our son) and I share her.

Sounds like a very good price, askk him to include safety certificate (roadworthy) and if you can pay it off. That would give you a good jump in the right direction.

Sleep tight

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rod,

Sounds like an aweful amount of money. Have you tried IOM?

Tracy

Hey Rod,

Sounds like an aweful amount of money. Have you tried IOM?

Tracy

Hi Tracy

Thats for a family of 4 with emirates. Do you think that its too much?

Please try IOM -there's a link somewhere on one of the main pages here.

They have an arrangement with SAA and you can take 40kgs of goodies each. I did check their prices from Jhb to Perth and Jhb to Brisbane, and to Brissy was a bit more expensive.

I flew Emirates last year and they caught me with a very long stopover in Dubai.

Tracy