Anyone from Durban going to Gold Coast soon?

sa2uk2oz

Hi

We are a family of three..from Durban, who are currently living in the UK. (have spent

time living between SA and the UK for the past 11 years)

We had our visa granted in November last year, and went over to validate in December.

Our daughter has just finished her year 11 GCSE exams and very soon we are relocating

to the Gold Coast. Is there anyone else from Durban due to arrive in Australia at the end of

August? If so would like to hear from you. Most of our SA friends who are now living in Australia

are happy and settled.. Hopefully we will be the same in a few years time.

:ilikeit:

Sorry,

We don't quite meet your date criteria, but we are from Durban and are aiming at the greater Brisbane area for Dec 07.

Thought your story is a bit ironic as we just said HI and BYE to our relatives (young family of 4), who also left Durban about 12 years ago for the UK and have now just passed through and settled in Caloundra on the Sunshine C about a month ago.

Also my good mate "FISHERMAN" on this forum, is heading for Brisbane from Durban on Friday.

Its all the BIG unknown to us.

We can go to Gold Coast if you really want us to.

Just keep an open mind and I'm sure you won't have a problem making new friends.

Good decision

Good Luck

howzit

Yes we have moved between the UK and SA for the last 11 years.. So think its time to put down some roots again. Our daughter is going into year 12, so will finish her schooling over there.. We are looking at areas around Robina... We have good friends in Westville? and a few of my ex work colleagues live in Westville too.. Sounds like most of Durban is moving over to Australia over the next year??

Really looking forward to the move..

Cool

We practically live across the road from Amarula in Westville. (Where the coffee clubs are held)

I can't speak for the rest of Durbs, but apparently the outflow of whites has apparently been pretty constant for the last 10 years. I guess 1 in 10 of our friends is planning to leave, nothing to write home about.

(But our non-white friends are actually growing vastly in numbers.)

I hope you are not planning on regularly moving between SA and Aus for the next 11 years, as plane tickets are a bit more expensive.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Hi There, We are moving to the Gold Coast at the end of Nov 07. We are from Durban North and have two smaller girls. My family have all gone and live in Brisbane so I won't be too far. We are so excited and I can't wait to get on the plane. We have sold our house and are now contemplating which removal company etc and whether this Rand is ever going to go down. good luck with your move

Megan.

howzit

Yes we have moved between the UK and SA for the last 11 years.. So think its time to put down some roots again. Our daughter is going into year 12, so will finish her schooling over there.. We are looking at areas around Robina... We have good friends in Westville? and a few of my ex work colleagues live in Westville too.. Sounds like most of Durban is moving over to Australia over the next year??

Really looking forward to the move..

Hi there

We are ex Westville and now live in Robina - I have 4 children aged 22, 2 x 19 and one 17 (currently in year 12) - there are loads of us from Durban on the Gold Coast with similar aged children - we have a ladies lunch group that meet once a month for lunch - you can come along to one of these and you will be amazed at who you may meet that you might know.

Email me if you have any questions that I may be able to answer.

Heather

Hi

We are a family of three..from Durban, who are currently living in the UK. (have spent

time living between SA and the UK for the past 11 years)

We had our visa granted in November last year, and went over to validate in December.

Our daughter has just finished her year 11 GCSE exams and very soon we are relocating

to the Gold Coast. Is there anyone else from Durban due to arrive in Australia at the end of

August? If so would like to hear from you. Most of our SA friends who are now living in Australia

are happy and settled.. Hopefully we will be the same in a few years time.

:ilikeit:

Hi

We are ex Westville - living on the Gold Coast - the best place ever!!! Kids are sooo happy here.. we have 4 kids 22, 2 x 19 and one 17 (currently in year 12) - there are loads of Durbanites (and Westville) people here on the Gold Coast - you will love it here... we live in Robina - very central to everything - feel free to ask any questions

regards

Heather

Hi there

I'm ex-Durbs too, and just arrived in Brisbane :ilikeit::ilikeit::cry:

Shongololo

Welcome to Bisvegas - what part of Durbs and what part of Brissie are you in...??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there you guys

As there is a small delay in granting the 457, it seems that my plans of Flying out at the end of August might be delayed by a week or two.

But none the less I will definitely be in Brisbane in the next month or two....Keep in touch and we'll have an outing/coffee get together very soon.

Regards

Johan

Hello All,

I am originally from Maritzborough but spent most of my working life in Durban. We have been in the UK for the past 5 years. Eldest yougster is 4 years old. Our tickets are booked - fly Heathrow Singapore on the 25/10/07. 1 night stop over and then fly on to Brisbane on the 27th. Our final destination will be the gold coast hinterland.