Good old SA

JohanK

This is what I had to read this morning when I arrived at work just for those of you that still question your move, not that I think there is a lot of people that will ever question the move. I just think we lucky ones must not forget this, South Africa is a very sick society and one can not get away from this fact.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/...1915780,00.html

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/...1878534,00.html

I have a friend that owns a very nice Game Loge in the Waterberg and they will be erecting electric fencing around the house to secure people at night. He built up this farm from nothing, it was a cattle farm and today this is what they need to do to keep guests safe or people will not come to the Loge because of safety reasons and he will lose valuable income and a dream.

I heard about this on the radio on Monday

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/...1913732,00.html

The little girl begged the attackers to stop hitting her grandmother, offering them her money if they woud stop.

I spent the day with two eleven year old girls on Friday and was regaled with stories of armed robberies, hijackings and shopping mall shootouts! These little girls know the difference between hand guns and AK47s.

Yes, I agree and things are just getting worse. I feel for those (and especially our family and friends) that do not have any other option but to stay and see this out. I get so upset when I read articles like this and are reminded of the constant fear I faced back in SA of being another crime statistic - I was (and still are) very overly protective of my children and these are the reasons why...............

I must say that I have always read on other forms of people that just could not wait to get out to this country and thought to my self they are making it worse then it is. Now I have my visas in my passport and is patiently waiting for the 3rd of May when we fly out of here. I pray every day that we make it to that day with out being harmed because you never know when it is your turn.

We people that are lucky enough to get out of SA must appreciate it and make the best of it because it will not get better, that is one thing I am sure of.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/...1916004,00.html

Still today :ilikeit:

My nephew (seven at the time) was amazed on his visit to SA to see the walls and electric fences, intercoms and gates we all live behind. On the other hand SA kids can't understand that children can walk to school and play in the park.

When my mother was waiting for her visa the agent in Perth was dragging her heels a bit and my brother phoned her and told her that "if my mother gets killed in SA while you are stuffing around here I will hold you personally responsible" I think the poor lady decided then and there that all SAcans are mad!

When we moved to Australia, we used to log on to news24.com every now & then but decided not to do it any longer because we could not take it anymore. Those articles shocked me terribly and I felt sick reading it - I can't describe the feeling that came over me, almost something like anaphylactic shock. I know I'm in the best place to be and I cringe at the possibility that something like that can happen to any human being, let alone our family & friends in South Africa! :ilikeit:

Riekie if you want some humour read the Zuma files :ilikeit: That a person that could possibly have lead SA has such ignorance. :ilikeit:

Edited by serileen

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi Johan and others,

Thank you for posting this and for creating awareness of the kind of hateful killing that is occuring in South Africa daily. I am unable to read these kind of articles and was therefore only able to read the first few lines of both articles when I felt myself tearing up...

Serileen, I have to agree with you, and if he were an exception, maybe things could have been ok, but it would seem that he is just one of the crowd. :ilikeit: I feel sick to my stomach at the thought of what ppl have gone through at the hands of these hate-filled, heartless, mindless gangs, torturing for fun. I find it despicable that nothing is done to protect ppl and wonder how long it is going to take until ppl, especially farmers, organize themselves into a military force willing and able to protect themselves and the vulnerable.. :ilikeit:

Love

Seoul Sister

:ilikeit: