Tourist Visa

Guest May

Hi All,

Wanted to share - I was hoping to do an LSD trip the last 2 weeks of July. Not being a seasoned traveller I thought a tourist visa just a formailty(3 days) Oh how naive! I went to Flight Centre this morning to book 2 tickets-my friend travelling on a UK passport no problem-mine would take about 2 weeks, needed to be submitted by this Monday, the list was 11 pages long asking for letters from my employer to bank statements to recent(6month) passport photos and letters of invitation from each city I would be visiting or hotel details. I could not take the risk of booking the ticket and not getting the visa and having to pay a huge cancellation penalty. I feel very foolish.

Eish!

May

This is very strange. I'm not sure what is going on with visitor visas all of a sudden. I had no problems when I applied in May. They say the thing will take 10 to 12 working days but that's worst case. Mine was done in 3 days. Don't tell them all the cities you're going to. Just tell them you're going to one place the whole time - then you only need to give them one letter. That's what I did.