Finally our container is here

The Parsons Family

Hi Everyone

I was so excited when Allied Pickfords rang two weeks ago to say our ship had finally come in...only to be told that it could take anything from 5 to 20 working days to clear customs :ilikeit: I knew it would take this amount of time but after 7 months you become a tad impatient.

My hubby just got a call today and they are delivering our things on Friday. I can't believe we have managed to survive (and entertain) with what we have at the moment. It gets tricky when you can only buy tinned food with pull tops because your THREE can openers are in a box!!

I can't wait to get my hands on all my photos, cds, recipe books etc.

It is like Christmas in June :ilikeit:

What took so long!

Hi

We packed up our stuff at the beginning of November, but there wasn't anyone to share our container so it sat in Jo'burg until February and then it was sent to Durban where it sat for a while and then it was finally filled and put onto a ship.....

They did tell us that it could take a while but we were expecting a 3/4 month wait not SEVEN!

Anyway, we have survived and it has been very interesting trying to entertain in a minimalist fashion :thumbdown:

We are just hoping that everything is there and undamaged (hold thumbs for us, please).

Cheers

Gaille

Edited by The Parsons Family

Did u save a lot by sharing a container... I'm wondering if the wait was worth it. I doubt we'll be able to fill a container so it's good to know if the saving is worth the wait.......... :thumbdown:

Hallo Gaille

Have fun unpacking, I suppose I should advise you to keep the tishu's handy as well.

Well done for waiting this long.

Enjoy!!!!

Nilo

Hi

Vee: It was about half the price and we needed the money to bring our dogs over. It actually made things easier when we moved to the place we're in now as we could do it by car :o

Tomorrow is D-day and we can't wait :jester:

Could'nt you just have put the dogs in the container with a bowl of food and water ?

Edited by tommo

Half a container it is then!!! :) I'll post our departure dates on the forum and if there is anyone else keen to share then let's all save some bucks....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE PARSONS FAMILY!!!! hehe :D

Just kidding, I know how much you love your pooches ! :D

Tommo.... SHAME ON YOU! :)

Do you know how much damage 2 "pooches" can do to your furniture ;-)

Yay! Rather late than never.

It is going to be like Christmas, especially discovering things you've completely forgotten you've packed! :)

We'll probably also take a half container.

Enjoy tomorrow and the unpacking!

Take care,

Michele

WHEW

Who knew that 60 odd boxes could contain so much stuff!!! I had a good cry when I found all my farewell cards, gifts, photos etc but I wouldn't go back :blush:

We have unpacked everything although we haven't quite put it all away...we have a storage problem :blush:

Every week that goes by makes us feel more at home, last week was a good week: we got all our stuff from SA, we received acknowledgement of receipt of our PR application and we registered with Medicare.

This settling in thing happens before you know it!!!

Gaille