Jobs for firefighters?

zoot

Question

My friend and her husband are looking to move to Australia.  He has 20 years experience as a fireman and paramedic (at the chief level).  He is 47 this year.  Is this too old to move to Oz or would there be a way for them to move to Australia?

1 answer to this question

On 5/16/2024 at 4:27 PM, zoot said:

My friend and her husband are looking to move to Australia.  He has 20 years experience as a fireman and paramedic (at the chief level).  He is 47 this year.  Is this too old to move to Oz or would there be a way for them to move to Australia?

Your friend might look into the Designated Area Migration Agreement visa option to see if there are any options within that scheme.  There are a variety of regions across Australia that have DAMA agreements with the government.  The occupations and eligibilities vary in the different regions depending upon what they are looking for - but some can offer a pathway to PR for people up to 55 (age varies depending upon what the region has agreed for each specific option). 

Also potentially - on the SC186 (NB after a pathway working in Australia) there is also a High Income Threshold that offers the potential for people on specified high incomes a pathway when over 45.

The SC482 does not currently have a maximum age - but is a temporary employer sponsored visa. 

If thinking of one of these pathways I would recommend speaking to a professional to understand what is required to follow the potential pathways to PR and to determine their eligibility.