In Sydney

schoemie

Hi all

I have arrived in Sydney two weeks ago, mission: finding a job !! Have a few offers. Want to look around at schools etc. Can anyone please let me know about preschools I can look at in the Hills area. My daughter is 3.5 years going for 4 end of year. Want to look at what it will costs us, and yes yet again the old thing about private vs public schools and costs.

I am currently staying in someones home in Annandale who is visiting is SA, going back 22 June (next friday)

Thanks

Anton

Hi all

I have arrived in Sydney two weeks ago, mission: finding a job !! Have a few offers. Want to look around at schools etc. Can anyone please let me know about preschools I can look at in the Hills area. My daughter is 3.5 years going for 4 end of year. Want to look at what it will costs us, and yes yet again the old thing about private vs public schools and costs.

I am currently staying in someones home in Annandale who is visiting is SA, going back 22 June (next friday)

Thanks

Anton

Hi!

I've asked around, the names of pre-schools in the Hills area:

Acacia cottage - $66 per day

Dural Memorial - $95 per week for TWO days

Apple Tree - $45 half day

On a 136 visa, you do not pay any school fees for a PUBLIC school, although there is a voluntary contribution fee of approximately 97$ per year (might differ from school to school). Textbooks - $35. Unfortunately I don't know the private school fees.

On a 457 visa you pay $4500 per year for a public school.

Hope this helps

Groete van huis tot huis

Tania

Hi there

I don't live in the Hills but I can give you a few ideas on the North Shore and you can get an idea. We pay $45 a day from 9 - 3. My son goes twice a week Thurs and Friday (3 - 4 year olds) On Mon, Tues, Wed the 4 -5 year olds go and they also pay $45 a day. The occassional care charges $22 for half day either 9 - 12 or 12 - 3. The long day care charges $75 a day and I think they are open 7 - 5.

These are a few names I can think of

Noddy - Link Road, St Ives

Shelley Tots - Stanley Street, St Ives

Alikat - Athena Road, St Ives

Occassional Care, Mona Vale Road, St Ives

Turratots - Turrumurra

Creative Kids, St Ives

A lot of the public schools in the burbs are really good but depends on the area if you are in a over crowded area or an area with predominately very low income or unemployment the schools won't be of the same standard.

The independant schools are a good way to go for high school if you can't afford private. Independant are generally religious based schools but I haven't found them very religious and are accepting of non religious people. The fees are between $2700 and $5000 a year. Private Schools like Knox and Barker are around $20 000 a year and then you have Pymble Ladies Collage, Ravenswood etc.

Most of the schools are having open days at the moment so go to those they are pretty good.

Bells, Riekie and Ajay are out that way so maybe they can give you a bit of advice. Good Luck

Hi there

We will also be moving to the Hills in October this year. My Son is 3, and I have found Kindalin Early Childhood Learning Centres to be very helpful. They have 5 centres around Cherrybrook/Castle Hill catering for newborn to 5 years. I have also heard good reports about them. I do have their pricing/email addresses at home, so please PM me, if you would like me to forward their information. If I remember correctly, its around $70 full day.

Also look at www.careforkids.com.au. There is a list of pre-schools in all areas.

Please let me know of any positive/Negative feedback you get about pre-schools in the area, and if you find a good place for your daughter.

Good luck with you job hunting

Robyn