Is there anyone from South Africa who is on the process to migrate to Australia this year??

TheLorddisciple

Question

Hello, I trust you are well. Is there anyone who is busy with the migration process to Australia this year. How far are you and how are you coping with waiting to proceed to the next stage??

I have applied for a skill assessment through Vetassess for a Lecturer in Chemistry since 03/07/2023. According to the agent, It was supposed to take 6 to 8 weeks long to receive feedback. Yesterday, I was told by the agent that the process is now 12 to 20 weeks.

Furthermore, From the agent I qualify for the sc190 or 491 visa since i have 65 points calculated. However, He keeps telling me to take the IELTS exam to claim the points. I have written the IELTS exam twice now, and I did not get the required score: the second attempt was L7.5, R6.5, W7, and S7. I would try to write for the third time and last attempt. I would like to know if I stand a chance to qualify for a visa if we lodge the EOI with the 65 points. 

1 answer to this question

You might ask your agent if undertaking the PTE English is an option for you. 
Many (not all) South Africans find the PTE test gives better results.  There are free online practice web sites - practice so that you know the format / timings also often helps get better scores.  Good luck.