Prosthesis - visa and permanent residency

Terminal3k

Question

Hi all,

I have a job offer in Adelaide and currently in the process of getting my 482 visa.  I have an above knee amputation and use a prosthetic leg

I am concerned that once I apply for permanent residency that they will decline my application because my prosthesis might cost more than $51 000 for a 10 year period.

Any information out there on how they perform the health assessments in figuring out how much my prosthesis will cost?

2 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Terminal3k said:

Hi all,

I have a job offer in Adelaide and currently in the process of getting my 482 visa.  I have an above knee amputation and use a prosthetic leg

I am concerned that once I apply for permanent residency that they will decline my application because my prosthesis might cost more than $51 000 for a 10 year period.

Any information out there on how they perform the health assessments in figuring out how much my prosthesis will cost?

Hey there!

Congrats on scoring that job offer in Adelaide! That's awesome! I totally get your concern about the permanent residency application and how they might consider the cost of your prosthetic leg. Here's the deal: Australia does health assessments to see if your health condition could cost a lot for their healthcare system. They'll look into the potential costs of medical services and stuff related to your prosthesis.

Now, regarding the actual cost they'll consider, it's a bit tricky to say because they take various things into account. They'll check out the type of prosthesis you need, how long it'll last, maintenance expenses, and other medical stuff. They'll probably look at current market rates and consult with medical experts to figure out the costs.

To get all the nitty-gritty details and make sure you're on the right track, it's best to reach out directly to the Department of Home Affairs or talk to an immigration lawyer who knows their stuff about Australian immigration. They'll give you the most accurate info based on your specific situation. Don't hesitate to seek professional help and get the scoop straight from horse's mouth. 

3 hours ago, cedrick14 said:

Hey there!

Congrats on scoring that job offer in Adelaide! That's awesome! I totally get your concern about the permanent residency application and how they might consider the cost of your prosthetic leg. Here's the deal: Australia does health assessments to see if your health condition could cost a lot for their healthcare system. They'll look into the potential costs of medical services and stuff related to your prosthesis.

Now, regarding the actual cost they'll consider, it's a bit tricky to say because they take various things into account. They'll check out the type of prosthesis you need, how long it'll last, maintenance expenses, and other medical stuff. They'll probably look at current market rates and consult with medical experts to figure out the costs.

To get all the nitty-gritty details and make sure you're on the right track, it's best to reach out directly to the Department of Home Affairs or talk to an immigration lawyer who knows their stuff about Australian immigration. They'll give you the most accurate info based on your specific situation. Don't hesitate to seek professional help and get the scoop straight from horse's mouth. 

great thank you for the advice!