Everything went dead over the Covid period. Now Australia is open for Business and needs workers badly

Bob

I rarely hop on this forum nowadays as nobody was allowed into or even out of Australia (if you were an Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport) for a couple of years.

Now that we are passed all the Covid requirements .  .  .  .  . and there were many requirements just to get into Australia .   .   .   . we are open again.

As I sit in my lounge room and hear the latest news reports and read the newspaper articles online, Australia is trying to make up for the two years we had no migrants entering into this country.

If you are tired of the insecurity inside South Africa, if you want a better life with no safety problems to worry about, if you want your kids to be able to get into university, then perhaps it's time to consider Australia.

Australia has an ageing problem, like every other Western country, and the number of workers retiring over the next decade and beyond exceeds the number of youngsters coming into the workforce to replace them. This means migrants from South Africa are in high demand as they can fit right into the Australian community and slot into the workforce.

I am now 71 years old, know many South Africans who have migrated to my town over the past 20 years.

I am retired and have the opportunity to play cards with mates on a Friday night, having a barbie or "braai" beforehand. 

Out of ten or so mates, I'm pleased to say half of them are South Africans who have set up shop over the years and have settled into life here in the Adelaide Hills district of South Australia.

There is quite a big number of South Africans who have called Mount Barker home and they fit in well into this community, which is 98% Australian 

Anyhow . . . . if you're serious about wanting a better life, think about Australia.

I say that because I have three kids myself. Two in Adelaide and one who left to work in Canada seven years ago and never came back.

That means I travel nowadays for up to five months of the year now that Covid is pretty much done and dusted, and I'm always glad to get back to good ol' Down Under after travelling across several American states and provinces in Canada.

Canada and America are great places and I could live there, as an Australian, but the closest country climate-wise and in its landscape and way of life to South Africa is Australia.

No doubt.

We have sunshine.

We drink cold beer.

We play rugby in winter and cricket in summer.

Talking to Americans about rugby or cricket is like trying to explain a moon landing to a five year old. They just don't get it!

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 7:19 AM, Bob said:

Australia is trying to make up for the two years we had no migrants entering into this country.

The difference in the last few months with visa processing has been wonderful to see after the COVID years.  Plus, the number of invitations that we have seen to overseas Skilled Applicants that have been sitting in the EOI pool is beyond numbers we have seen previously.  The result is such a significant difference even to Pre-COVID when often quite high points were required for the SC189 skilled visa.

Plus, additional spaces are being provided to skilled applicants this year - hopefully many people will be able to take advantage of these additional places that are available this year.

Hi All, There is no doubt that the migration program is back in full swing.  In the previous invite round 1,200 invites were issued - this is up from about 200 per round over COVID.  If you are considering migrating to Australia there has never been a better time.  If interested I am holding migration seminar around South Africa this October.  Click here for details.

Regards

• Like 1