Shipping your vehicle to Australia

WMarx

Question

Hi There.

We are set to fly out to Australia on the 30th of May 2022. We have opted to make use of Biddulphs to assist us with the relocation of our furniture.

An acquintance mentioned to me that friends of his also immigrated to Australia and shipped their vehicles across in addition to all their furniture. 

I contacted Biddulphs and they seem to make it out as if it is a very straightforward process to take your vehicle with. 

In our case the vehicle is a 2017 Ford Ranger 2.2 XL. The vehicle is paid off, is still in prestine condition and has low milage. Based on the research I have done so far selling the vehicle in SA and having to replace it with a similar type of vehicle in OZ is quite expensive.

Current indications are that paperwork and shipping cost for the vehicle would be in the region of R60-R80k. This is still palatable compared to the cost of buying a comparative vehicle in OZ. My question though is how cumbersome is the import process of a vehicle and is it really worth while? The whole relocation process is already daunting as it is I would not like to complicate things even more with a process that I am not familiar with and then it turns out my initial indication of costs i.e. R60-80k doubles after all the hidden costs and administration is disclosed.

If anybody has had experience in this and could share some insights and advice I would really a appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Werner

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet