Next step on visa application

Agsa4727

Question

Hi there,

Just wondering if someone have similar experience could help.

My partner has submitted a partner 802 visa application and obtained a bridging visa while waiting for home affairs to grant the visa.

We have received a notification from Home affairs saying we have missed the timeframe to submit information required for home affairs to assess our visa application.  

Can I still submit the documents ourselves to Home affairs?

The letter indicated the 28days window to submit evidence has passed, and the department could make a decision anytime based on information received so far.
However, the department also mentioned they would review any evidence available before the decision is made.

Edited by Agsa4727

1 answer to this question

6 hours ago, Agsa4727 said:

Hi there,

Just wondering if someone have similar experience could help.

My partner has submitted a partner 802 visa application and obtained a bridging visa while waiting for home affairs to grant the visa.

We have received a notification from Home affairs saying we have missed the timeframe to submit information required for home affairs to assess our visa application.  

Can I still submit the documents ourselves to Home affairs?

The letter indicated the 28days window to submit evidence has passed, and the department could make a decision anytime based on information received so far.
However, the department also mentioned they would review any evidence available before the decision is made.

I cannot provide professional comment on your personal situation as I do not know the wider circumstances. 

You need to address this immediately and without delay (If you are using a Registered Migration Agent to assist with the application contact them urgently).

As they have indicated if you failed to comply with their previous request they can now make a decision based on the information they currently have and if you have not provided everything that they have asked for then they can proceed and refuse the application.