Home Schooling

kazo

Is there anybody that is doing home schooling in Aus or that knows anything about it?

We are thinking about doing home schooling here in SA while we wait for our visa and then continue over there in Aus, is there anybody that's done this?

Thanks

Hi Kazo

We have been homeschooling for the last 4 years. I recommend you contact the curriculum provider you intend to use in order to find out about homeschooling in Auz.

Impak/Delta said that they can provide their curriculum in Auz. So maybe they will know something about the homeschooling laws in Auz.

Regards

Aniena

Is there anybody that is doing home schooling in Aus or that knows anything about it?

We are thinking about doing home schooling here in SA while we wait for our visa and then continue over there in Aus, is there anybody that's done this?

Thanks

Hi Kazo,

Beneath is a link to a website that supports parents who do homeschooling in Oz. Homeschooling is quite a common practice here in Oz, especially in the rural areas.

I don't know the requirements of other states, but in South Australia parents merely need to register with DECS (the Educ Dept.) that they intend to homeschool their kids.

http://www.calvertschool.org/engine/conten...BT_CODE=CES2690

Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers,

Dax