Greyhound travelling Business Class

TeeTMI

With Australia's international border limits the planes flying in and out have been quite empty of passengers but full of cargo.

The benefits of this for one dog was that they were able to fly Business class with their owner.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/this-dog-flew-singapore-airlines-business-class-from-sydney-to-italy

Lewis, the dog relaxing in business class is a rescue/retired ex-racing Greyhound who is now a much loved pet. 

In addition to this being a great story I'm going to use it to spruik gorgeous nature of greyhounds as a pet for those of you who may be thinking of adopting a rescue dog.  I don't think I ever saw any greyhounds in South Africa.  Here they are used in racing/betting and there is quite a lot of negative press on the treatment of ex-racers once their career is over and they are no longer of use to the industry.   

There are a number of organisations that specifically focus on assisting these ex-racing dogs become pets.  I heard of Lewis's business class trip (in snoot the news story) as I have been fostering greyhounds for the group that originally rescued him 'Greyt Greys Rescue' in Victoria  https://www.facebook.com/greytgreysrescue

Whilst greyhounds are known for their speed around a race track they turn out to make wonderful pets and are not overly active.  I would equate them to a Cheetah in some ways - the vast majority of greyhounds have short episodes of high activity (zooming around the garden, or a 20-30 minute walk) and then like to sleep the majority of the day.  Of the greyhounds I have met they are such a lovely gentle and polite breed of dog - who love to have a collection of toys! 

I can highly recommend checking greyhounds out if you are looking for a rescue dog and if like me you like big dogs but maybe don't have the time or space for providing lots of exercise each day.