Exploring immigration to Australia

VorsterE

Question

Good day all,

We are exploring the option of immigrating to Australia and exploring the option of PR visa.

As per the eligibility calculator we will obtain more than 65 points.

As I understand the process we must now do the English proficiency and then skills assessment to register for expression of interest. 

So my question is that the first step where we register is for expression of interest?  There is no application for eligibility?

Is there a preference to what english test must be taken between IELTS, PTE and TOEFL?

8 answers to this question

Hi there

If I understand the question correctly, you can use the following link to create an EOI (Expression of Interest) but if I remember correctly you will need the your English proficiency results and skills assessment results to be able to complete and submit the EOI. You should however be able to create one before doing all that, you just won't be able to submit it.

https://skillselect.gov.au/SKILLSELECT/ExpressionOfInterest/PreReg/Start

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju

Welcome to the forum by the way.

On 8/14/2021 at 11:50 PM, VorsterE said:

Good day all,

We are exploring the option of immigrating to Australia and exploring the option of PR visa.

As per the eligibility calculator we will obtain more than 65 points.

As I understand the process we must now do the English proficiency and then skills assessment to register for expression of interest. 

So my question is that the first step where we register is for expression of interest?  There is no application for eligibility?

Is there a preference to what english test must be taken between IELTS, PTE and TOEFL?

Welcome to the Form.

You would require a positive Skills Assessment and appropriate English before you can lodge an Expression of Interest.  

One of the things I would recommend you look at is that whilst 65 points is sufficient for you to submit an EOI - to examine the EOI process to understand this a bit more.  Depending upon the skilled visa option that you are considering it is important to recognise that the process is competitive.  For example for the SC189 visa (in normal times, outside COVID-19 policies) people within the EOI pool would be invited by those with the highest score first.  

Your competitiveness within the EOI will depend upon your circumstances. 

Plus, COVID-19 is impacting the invitations at the current time.    

• Like 1

Thank you so much @FutureSydneysider

Thank you @TeeTMI, we have been doing more research on the EOI process and also has family that successfully went through the process about a year ago.  We do understand that a higher score of 65 is necessary.  According to our qualifications and age and experience we should be able to get a much higher score than 65.  We really appreciate all the guidance.

What type of work are you doing?

Have you also considered applying for work visas? 

Edited by forrie

Welcome to the Forum! It's sometimes a hard and tedious process to get to it, but the reward is worth all the effort and frustration.