Kiteboarding in Perth

JacquesV

Hi guys,

Does anyone on the forum kiteboard? If so and you live in Perth I'd love to hear what it's like there.

I'm an avid kiteboarder living in Cape Town and would really REALLY love to continue my sport/hobby over there as well.

From what I hear the Fremantle Doctor compares to Cape Town's South Easter over summer? Are the summers generally windy, like Cape Town, with loads of guys kiteboarding at most of the beaches?

Ciao ciao

J

Hi Jacques

Is that the same thing as kite surfing? My brother is a keen kitesurfer in Perth and as I'm off to visit them on Thursday I'll pick his brains for you!

C'Lou

Yup it is. I'd really appreciate his/your input on Perth and how the wind relates to Cape Town :huh:

Thanks a mil.

Kite boarding is excellent in Perth. The wind comes in after 1pm normally. Mullallo beach and Pinaroo Point seem to be the favorite spots up on the north coast. If you are really keen, you need to check Lancelin out, They have an annual International windsurfing championship up there, the wind blows just about all time.

Check out the following http://waksa.org.au.86.aspwebhosting.com.au/

Good Luck