Super options

DesertDaisy

My new employer is a small company and doesn't have a "preferred" superfund. I need to choose one myself. I am happy to do so, and I have read the government website and its advice. But now I need a list of Superannuation funds that I can choose from! Is there a directory or website that can provide me a list of possible options?

The one my dh is with is in the Top 50 performers, but we'd prefer to "spread" our choice a little bit and each have a different fund.

Any suggestions?

Edited by DesertDaisy

Hi DesertDaisy

My husband and I are both with Australian Super, the growth we have enjoyed over the last 10 years has been great. Another fund that I have a lot of respect for is LUCRF.

I suggest you do a search, on super, a short while ago this topic was discussed at length.

Select one of the "Industry super funds" set up by your professional association or union.

Invariably the returns on Industry super funds have been more than the returns, over the past 5 or 10 years, of "commercial" super funds that have been set up by banks, etc.

Industry Super funds have fees and admin charges on super accounts that are very low. My wife pays $1 a week. Mine was fee-free.

Google for "Industry Super Funds" and see what turns up.