The best GOVERNMENT schools in and around PERTH

TjaartvdW

Someone else on the forum made the suggestion of making a list comprising the 'best' schools in and around a city, and then to try and plan your house purchase/rental in one of these areas, near to the school.

Well, since I have 2 young children who will soon enter the school system, and I think that this is quite a nice idea, I would like to ask your input in this regard. So pls, for those who have info regarding a good Government school in Perth, pls could you share this info with us:

School name:

Primary or Secondary school:

Suburb:

School fees, per child, p.a:

Any other relevant info: (i.e. the reason you feel this school is better than the average...)

In my case I would like to know about the primary schools, but pls feel free to comment about a secondary/high school if you have the info, as I'm sure some other people could also benefit from this info.

Thanking you

Tjaart

School name: Jolimont Primary

Primary or Secondary school: Primary

Suburb: Jolimont

School name: Subiaco Primary

Primary or Secondary school: Primary

Suburb: Subiaco

http://www.globalvisas.com/page293_austral...aspx?section=16

Tjaart

Bogenoemde "link" was al deur iemand van die forum aanbeveel. Daar is verskeie nuttige "links" na al die verskillende provinsies se skole ens.

Dalk maak dit die keuse makliker ? Daar is bv foto's en inligting oor elke skool.

Hoop jul kom reg ;)

Bienkie

http://www2.eddept.wa.edu.au/schoolprofile/home.do

Nog 'n "link" :) vir skole in WA.

STATS ON HIGH SCHOOLS IN AUS

---------------------------------------

With the compliments of http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?c=7&f=2

School League Tables

In January of each year, the West Australian and Sunday Times newspapers publish the "school league tables" - statistics on the performance of Year 12 students in every high school in WA.

The tables are also published on the Curriculum Council's website at the following link:

www.curriculum.wa.edu.au/pages/publication02.htm

Please note the Curriculum Council's comments regarding the effectiveness of these statistics:

"While the media take the view that these statistics display the comparative merits of each school, it should be noted that researchers into school effectiveness agree that schools account for only about 9 percent of the variance between students. Students' personal backgrounds account for most of the variance in academic performance".

We think this is a fair comment and should be taken into account when reading the tables. However, for migrants researching schools, this is about the only source of performance data available and as such, we consider it a useful resource.

2006 High School Stats:

http://www.curriculum.wa.edu.au/files/pdf/...data_2006_2.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tjaart,

Well this answers my question about you moving to Perth, thanks, I'm sure we'll be in touch.

My husband's cousin has lived in Perth for about 6 or 7 years, also with children. One of the best government schools in Perth is Rossmoyne Senior High School. It is Western Australia's flagship school, and people will buy property in the zoned suburbs just to gain entrance to the school! On the school's website, there is a zoning map, this includes the following suburbs: Rossmoyne, Shelley, part of Riverton, and part of Willeton, I think a part of Bull Creek too, but that is a pricey suburb. If you look at www.realestate.com.au, you will notice that some properties mention RHSZ or RSHSZ, which means the property falls in the Rossmoyne High School Zone. I can't remember the webiste for the school, but it will come up in Google. There is of course, Rossmoyne Primary School, Shelley Primary, and Riverton Primary which are all in the area. Public schools in Perth have a very low cost, but if you cannot afford fees, it is free.

We only considered these areas, however, our children are a bit younger, and we have enrolled them into a semi-private catholic school in the northern suburbs of Perth, due to a pre-kindy class being offered, which is not offered by public schools.

Will chat soon.

Regards

Barbara

Tjaard,

You can also investigate Churchlands, Carine and Duncraig government schools in the northern suburbs. You will not make a mistake with any of them. :ilikeit:

Thanks to all of you for the replies.

We shall definately list these schools and combined with the right suburb, I'm sure we're gonna find a nice home.

Tjaart