Jump to content
  • 0

Parental consent for kids to travel with only one parent





I arrived in Aus on Friday and husband and kids flying over next month. I see the following is required if kids are accompanied by only one parent:


  • valid passport
  • copy of a birth certificate/equivalent document
  • parental consent letter
  • copy of the passport / identity document of the absent parent
  • contact details of the absent parent
  • where applicable-
    • copy of a court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship in respect of the child.
    • copy of a death certificate of the deceased parent


I fount the attached parental consent template from Home Affairs.


Does anyone know if the consent form must be stamped by police and whether a scanned copy will be sufficient to allow air travel?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi, did you ever find out the answer to this?  Would be good if you could share - sorry no one were able to help out with the info when you needed it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...