Activating 190 Visa

JCM

Good day

Just a practical question - Other than the grant letters and our passports, is there anything we need extra to take with when entering Aus to activate our Visas? 

Note - We are only permanently relocating in 2020 and I understand that at such time we need to register that visit with South Australia (our sponsor state).

Thanks!

Hi JCM

Yes Grant letters and Passports is all you need. In fact, when we activated our visa, we just handed our passports to the border agent and he scanned them and waved us in. I didnt have to hand over my visa grant letter as he had it all on the system - however I did have them printed and on hand just in case.

I also had the address of where we were staying and the contact details of a family member here (although if you are staying at a hotel / airbnb then I would imagine you put those details down if you dont have any family or friends here)

Enjoy the activation.

Something that was not clear to me on our activation trip, was the yellow slip you complete on the plane before you land  (And you hand to border control) -- there are tick boxes for visiting, emigrating etc ..... we ticked emigrating..... 

Hi Guys,

Once your visa has been granted all you need to enter Australia at any time is the passport that was used in the visa application.  If you have a new passport since the visa was granted then you need to update this online with DHA visa your immiaccount.

The landing card that you fill in prior to arriving in Australia is an important legal document so you need to be sure you complete that correctly especially in relation to what you are bringing in with you and if you have any criminal convictions.

Regards

Hi! Just a query, how long did your 190 visa take, from the time you applied to the time it was granted? 

Thanks! 

Nastasha