eVisitor (subclass 651) Visa - 3 Months

Justyna

Question

Hi Everyone,

Hope someone can help:)

My parents would like to visit Australia for a period of 2.5 months.

They have successfully been granted eVisitor visas for 3 months (subclass 651).

The visa conditions are as below and we are just wondering if the parents must be tested for TUBERCULOSIS and have a certificate on them when arriving in Australia.

Also, do we need to get a police clearance certificates for them.

Thank you for any advice:)

Justyna

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

88319641_Screenshot2019-08-16at10_04_21.png.a8409b3c8bdf1d669879a381d640ccab.png

3 answers to this question

Hi Justyna

I really don’t think your parents need to be tested for TB. My in-laws have visited several times and that was never an issue.

However I believe they do need to undergo a medical test if they are older than 75. 

Ditto with police certificates. They are not required for a visitors visa. 

I hope you get more feedback from someone else too, but that is as far as I know. 

One thing though - I hope they have taken travel insurance, or at least bought their tickets with a credit card with includes travel insurance. You do NOT want someone getting very ill or in an accident trying to pay a medical bill in Aus with Rands. 

Edited by Bonny
  • Thanks 1

This is a Condition of the visa - for this visa unless your parents had been specifically asked to undertake a TB test prior to the visa being granted (which would have been based on the answers to the health questions) a test would not be required. 

Obviously should they feel they have contracted TB for some reason prior to arrival then they should check given that it is a condition of the visa that they must be free of TB to visit Australia. 

• Thanks 1