Seattle vs Sydney

Jaydi

I have family in Sydney. My husband's company has an office in Seattle, so he might be able to transfer there. So we're wondering which to choose if we leave SA.

If you had a choice between the two cities, which would you choose, and why? 
On this forum, I assume more people will be familiar with Sydney, so why do you like Sydney? 

You're trying to compare two entirely different worlds and the best way to go about it is to establish where you'll be happiest.  You'll have to consider and compare things like travelling distance from home (if you want to go back to visit), weather, cost of living, housing affordability, career opportunities, salaries, visa requirements, access to services (health etc), support system, community, government....  

I suggest you make a list of criteria and obtain all the info you consider to be important to you for each of these options and then compare the pro's & cons.  Sydney (or Australia) info could be found on this forum, just search or ask. We also have a sister forum www.sausa.org where you'll get more info on the USA side.

If you ask anyone living in Australia which would be best, 99% would probably say Australia (and the same for the USA).