Medicals

Candshow

Hiya all 

Please could someone advise what to expect for the medicals?

My mind is going crazy thinking of them 😞 😞 

Hi @Candshow Unless you have some serious medical condition, I think you can take a breath and just relax. It was basically just a thorough checkup that included a physical examination, some blood tests and an x-ray. Honestly, getting everything arranged and organized was more horrifying than the actual medical exam :) 

We arrived at the doctor, he asked me to undress to my underwear, inspected my skin for any skin conditions, did the usual checking in ears, mouth etc. Same for my wife. Then we walked out to a nearby clinic, did the x-ray tests and they also took some blood. I hate needles and even I had to admit it was over really quick.

Even if you have a serious medical condition, there are some amazing stories on the forum if you search for them where people were still allowed to emigrate.

All the best, sure you will be fine!!

HI Candshow and Cyberjoe 

I am in exactly the same position. Have to book the medicals now in next 2 weeks and I and seriously also dreading the process. Maybe cause its now the final hurdle or maybe its because I have now paid R83k for the 489 and all the what ifs going through my head. 

Is my BMI not too high ? What about the fact that I wear glasses? What about the operations that my wife and I may have had till now....OMG

Just one question for those that have gone through process,  what is the process for the kids? I understand they have to do TB test? You briefly described the process Cyberjoe. I imagine the fitness test that sports guys do before signing for new club 😅

hi, you really don't have to stress - it not a major medical - very minor and quick. (except for the TB xray)

Their main concern is that you must not come to Aus and become a medical liability to the state.

Our daughters were born at 29 weeks so when we went for medicals the Dr just noted this  and we got a letter form their pediatrician confirming no lasting medical issues and they have fully "caught up"

And that was that - no drama.

Thank you all for the feedback - feeling a lot more comfortable with this 🙂 🙂